Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Birthday Girl!

Today I'm here with a birthday card for a very sweet little girl who is FIVE!  Having three nieces means that I can get my fix of things girly and cute when I want to swoop in to go doll shopping, or have nails painted. It is the perfect dose of sweetness in life!

To celebrate, I've done a little more watercoloring, this time with Pure Innocence: Birthday Girl. I  recently discovered Prismacolor Watercolor pencils.  This card is actually a hybrid, I've used both my Holtz Distress Markers and selected Prismacolor Watercolor pencils together to complete the image.


My Sno Cone layer was stamped with the Large Scale Backgrounds using Whip Cream ink.  It gives a soft tone on tone look that doesn't detract too much from the image itself.

Yesterday I shared a messy, mixed media project which I just loved.  Today I've got a card to share which uses the amazing new MFT Stencils too, but in a totally mess-free way.

Jody shared that you can use your stencils to do some light embossing.  It's a great trick and I was excited to give it a try.  I lightly taped my Square Tiles stencil over my cardstock, added a tan embossing mat to my sandwich stack and then ran it through my Vagabond.  It results in a light impression on your cardstock.


I love that it is a subtle effect. When I used to work with embossing folders regularly, I didn't love that they made your cardstock really warped and were difficult to adhere to your card.   This is a quiet, soft detail for your cards.

By the way, have you checked out the Pierced STAX? They compliment your original STAX collections giving just a tiny bit of added detail.  I've been using these constantly lately as then I don't feel compelled to sew all around all of my main panels. It's such a nice finishing touch.



Have a wonderful day my friends!  I hope to be back SOON with another card to share, headed down to the studio let's hope my furry friend Dart cooperates!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

Loving the blues!! Beautiful!!

Gabby said...

Pretty card in blues! If you like your Prisma w.c. pencils, try DerWent Inktense w.c. pencils. I use both but since I started using the Inktense pencils, I seem to be reaching for those first. Oh, and buy a big set or you'll be going back to buy more. Hee! :)

Jill Norwood said...

So adorable! Nice to be able to get your "girl" fix with your sweet nieces! I do the same! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover