Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 10, 2014

You're Fin-tastic

Good morning friends!  Today I've got a cute little something to share with you, I just adore this new My Favorite Things Fishbowl Die-namics set.  Aren't these little fishies so cute??  

The MFT New Release Countdown is well underway - be sure to check the MFT Blog every day for links to participating designers.  Also, there will be SEVEN prize packages given away - don't miss out on your chance to win, and win BIG. 



Let's chat about these dies for just a moment, the Die-namics is designed to make it easy-peasy to create multi-colored fishes.  Fill your fishbowl with grasses, fishes, die-cut bubbles (or you can knock out the bubbles peek-a-boo style).  I've used the cut-and-recut technique to create a wavy top to the water.  This is such a cute set and I look forward to using it again soon!  The Die-namics coordinates with the Fin-tastic sentiment set (which is sold separately) and it includes a bunch of cute little puny sentiments.  

My boys loved this Die-namics set when they saw it on my desk, and I must admit, as they get older, they're getting harder and harder to please so I was really happy!  

The new Grid Background stamp is already a favorite. It's a classic pattern, nice and subtle but provides a lovely backdrop for your main images.  I'm a big fan of tone-on-tone stamping and with the growing collection of MFT Hybrid Ink I'm in stampy-love.  This is the Tangy Orange Ink stamped to Tangy Orange Card stock and trimmed out with the Blueprints 8 Die-namics.  Here's a little tip, for the cleanest impression I recommend stamping your background first, and then Die-cutting.  

The sentiment was stamped to a strip of Steel Grey card stock with Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I accented with a small Sno Cone Button.  Of late, I've been using Grout Grey as a card base, it's a nice neutral - it's a little less stark than a bright white card base. Give it a try! 

I'll see you tomorrow with another Release Countdown project to share.  Don't forget to head on over to the MFT Blog for your chance to win! 
Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover