Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 30, 2007

I love the brights!


A few weeks ago, I saw a challenge on Splitcoast about using the brights. I couldn't get over how many people said that it was way out of their comfort zone, and never use them. Its just so funny to me because Bold Brights is the first color palette I purchased from SU and the only thing I knew how to do for a long time.

Last week, I hostessed a Stampin Up party and we made a card from one of the Simply Sent kits. It contained Rose Red and Tempting Turquoise. A stunning combination, that I wouldn't have thought to use myself. But, I love it. I laughed with my friend was the demo that night that I think she has a list of things I haven't purchased yet, and always demos them so that I want them.

I used that card as inspiration for breaking in my new "Doodle That" set. I also used Polka Dots and Paisley with Versamark for a quick background. A touch of my black and white polka dot ribbon from Cindy's Starlit Studio on Ebay and colored in some of the polka dots with my white gel pen. I honestly don't think I can make a card anymore without using my Stardust Pen so its used a little on the accents of the main image heart.

No sentiment just yet. I like to keep them plain so that I can switch them up if need be just before popping them into the mail!

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Joanne! Love the colors and that ribbon! Terrific

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover