Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 27, 2007

Levi Doodle


I loved Doodle This in the catalogue, but once I got it in my hot little hands, I was afraid of it. I'd seen so many amazing cards, that I didn't think there was an original thought in my head. So, it sat in my stamp cabinet, untrimmed, for several weeks. (yipes!)

But then, I finally got brave.

I used my new favorite Cowgirl paper from Crate Paper that I got at Eclectic Paperie. I thought this red polka dot would look outstanding with Buckaroo Blue. I went to one of my favorite sketches from the weekly sketch challenge on SCS - SC119. A perfect opportunity to use my little stash of twill tape and hodgepodge.

The corner flourish on the craft layer didn't come out how I had planned, tucked away too much behind the cowgirl layer, so I added the linen background (stamped off once first) with choc chip to fill in the blank space.

Then, I must have been feeling REALLY brave, because I decided this flower needed to be aquapainted, which I hadn't done before. But, it was SO easy! I think this is going to be my new favorite technique. Each of the flowers is popped up on a different number of dimensionals so that each one is at its own height.

Then I thought, "Oops, I didn't leave any space for a sentiment" when I had the a-ha moment. The Technique Challenge for the week was to use a "levi tab." So I popped "Thanks" onto a tab, and tucked it under the buckaroo blue mat.

This was an exercise in learning alright, but in the end, I LOVE how it came out.

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Great card Joanne! Love the colors and everything!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover