Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 18, 2007

Uninspired?


Okay, I've been trying to complete a swap sample tonight for the past hour. What gives? The problem, of course, is that I'm trying to come up with something original. Trying not to go visit all the blogs I love to look for inspiration in the form of a color combination, or a layout.I also want to make something that I can easily reproduce another 11 times to swap out on Wednesday. (Why do I wait to the last minute. I mean really?)

I love black white and pink, so that was a natural for me. The flowers are colored and then given some bling-a-ling with Dazzling Diamonds. The Regal Rose layer has the scroll work from the new Baroque set in craft white. What I **think** I need to do is some doodle-ing around the white block to help fill it in, but eeks. I'm dreadfully afraid to do that. I think I'm just hopelessly lost without designer paper!!


What I wish we already had was the scalloped circular punch that we caught a glimpse of in the recent issue of Stampin' Success! Or some new ribbon.... oh July 1st, I'm so anxious!!

So, is this swappable as is, or what would you do to kick it up a notch? (Oh goodness, I sound like Emeril. Its late, I'm tired.)

To bed I go, maybe you will all have brilliant advice to improve this card tomorrow! Please? Goodnight.

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

MarieK said...

Do you really want to know what I think?

I like your card - it's basically a good design - but it does need something "extra".

I see too much white space at the bottom.

My suggestion would be more black matting on that white piece.

How about you separate the image and the greeting (cut that piece in half) and add a black layer behind it? So you'd end up with a black border around it and between the two white pieces.

Do you know what I mean?

If you don't like my suggestion maybe someone else has a better idea!

Unknown said...

I was going ti say to cut the white down a bit and add a black mat too - it;s very pretty though!

InspiredByInk said...

Hi LOVE the colors but there is too much white space. What about making it thinner, moving it up on the page a bit and giving it a black matte w/a scalloped bottom? Either with the slit punch or the corner punch. Slit would be easier. You could aways take the 1/16th hole punch and punch a hole in each scallop too.

Hope this isn't too much lol.

Thanksf or sharing. I'm always scared to use dazzling diamonds.

Bobbie

Anonymous said...

I like the suggestion to break the flower and sentiment apart and matting them on black. I also thought maybe some sort of detail in the corners of the white...maybe paper piercing? I like the simplicity so I wouldn't get too carried away but I agree it's just a smidge too much white.

Peg

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover