Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 17, 2007

What to do?

So, I need help in selecting the final project for this Thursday's "Gifts and Goodies" Project Class. I've designed two items, and I'm not sure which to use.

One option is this 2, 4, 6, 8 Box that I made last night. This project uses Polka Dots and Paisley, Seeing Spots and the corner rounder with the guard removed to make the scalloped edge. The box is filled with teeny scraps of cool Caribbean that I ran through my crimper.

The second option is to make the Tiny Takeout Boxes. I've designed one with a Baby Theme, which would be super cute for a baby shower, or a small baby gift. But, I guess that's my problem, while cute, I'm just worried that they're too small.

Here's my question, what would YOU put in a little box this small? And if you were coming to class, which one would you prefer to make? Come on stalkers, I can tell your here, now let me know which one you like better okay? (wink!)

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Both are SO cute Jo - but I just love that takeout box! I can't quite sense what the size is, but maybe you could put a small baby toy/teether in it, (or a travel bath items collection?), and add a gift certificate for the "mom and dad to be" for dinner to go with the takeout theme (and a little something for yourself after having a baby is always nice!)
Adorable projects!

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhh I like both of them - but if I had to pick one it would be the take out box. Well Kristin had some great ideas in her post. If the mom scraps make some baby embellishments along with a book. Some little note cards for some gifts. Can't tell the size but maybe 3X3 cards would fit or tags for gift bags.

ThreadCatcher said...

Both the projects look like fun but my vote goes for the take out box since I've never made one of those and I have made a 2,4,6,8 box. I would use mine as a go by for future treat holders or as baby shower favor holders. Love the gift projects!

nita said...

things to put in a small box:

* a frog
* cash
* a silver rattle
* one of those teeny tiny $100 picture frames one of my crazy friends gave me
* wild flower seeds. so you can see what you're allergic to

:)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be the outlier I guess and say I like the 2,4,6,8 box better. It just looks more practical to me but either one is really cute. I don't think you told us what else you are doing for the class so that might make a difference too.

Have fun! TFS!

Peg

SuperCool CreationS said...

I think I'm leaning toward the bigger box...the take outs are SO cute, but I agree with you that I'm not at all sure what I'm put in them. Either will be great though! Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Love them - I'd say I'm partia to the Giraffe though - very nicely done Joanne! :)

Kelly said...

I like the takeout box, but I have an 8-month-old and my SIL is pregnant with twins, so babies are on my brain!

Other baby items that could do in it: socks, those mittens so they don't scratch themselves, Hershey kisses for the pregnant mommy-to-be, coupons for diapers, gift card... lots of small stuff for small people! :-)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover