Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 2, 2007

Use What You've Got

As previously mentioned, my Aunt always needs "Congratulations on your new Home" cards. And this month, I'm using SU's (now retired) "Right At Home" (the alternate Image I use is Sell-A-Bella from Stamping Bella).

This month's version uses my new favorite technique -aquapainting. So fast! Scalloped border was a scrap leftover from my first workshop - the covered composition notebook. Its SO handy to keep scraps around, you never know what you'll come up with. Add in a few So Saffron pieces of my Palette O' Prints that I had trimmed up for a "Mish Closure" but never put to use and wow, what a fast card this was!


I referred to the night as "Use What You've Got Night" because I actually made a total of three cards that night made nearly completely by projects I had started, yet never finished. So, save those scraps, tuck away those cards you don't think work... and just revisit them another time. You'll be glad you did. And, for a fleeting moment, I could actually see my entire desktop.


1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

This is beautiful. I'm sure your Aunt will love it. I'm going to try and use my pile of scraps. Been working on it. I also have been following Mish Mash tips for cutting paper and getting more cards done. I enjoy your blog very much. TFS

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover