Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 3, 2007

Happy!

This card says it all. I'm happy!

We have had some seriously gorgeous weather here this weekend and lots of family time. Went swimming with the boys yesterday, a family cookout at my parents the day before that and last night I got a serious dose of stamping in.


I made some gift frames, I made some fridge magnet post it holders, I designed my christmas card (yeah!!) and then I put the finishing touches on this card.

I **mostly** completed it the other day, but it needed just a little more. After pulling a few pieces off the top of the card - oh so carefully - I made a few new pieces.... I just HAD to fill in some empty space behind the definition, yet maintain readability on the text too. So, I used my versamark with the linen background stamp, then sponged lightly over the edges with close to cocoa. Then, I pulled apart the scalloped circle that was already on the card, and replaced it with a new one that I had stamped the "swirly thing" from priceless on. Lastly, I added a touch of the taffeta ribbon for a little punch. (Thanks Erica for the hint!) I looked for a place to add ribbon the other night, but was thinking double stitched... the taffeta was just the thing I needed.

This card is the third sample for my upcoming "Fall Flowers Card Class." If you live in MA and would like to come, please email me... or if you'd like to receive a kit by mail, or even completed cards you can email me too! stampedbyhand@comcast.net


I'll be taking pictures of the gift frames and post it holders that I made last night a little later in the week. And I'll hint at what I'm doing for Christmas, but sorry, no samples! Too many recipients of my cards read the blog.

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Joanne!! It's so soft and pretty and has all the right touches!! Great weather, huh?? We're loving it up here - hope you have a good week!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover