Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 28, 2007

Note Box (My First Tutorial!)

As promised, I wanted to show you a few of the items I had in my open house the other night. My guests really seemed to enjoy them. I used the Au Chocolat version as a gift to one of my hostesses.

I just love making these little note boxes, they seem to look great no matter what paper I choose! I can't take credit for the idea, my friend Erica taught me how to make them at a project class at her home before I signed on as a demo. They hold four notecards and four envelopes and come together so quickly.

Note Box:

To make the box itself you'll need one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. For this version, I used designer paper, but you could also use neutral and wheel or stamp a background. You'll also need a piece of designer paper measuring 4 x 6 1/2.

You will score the sheet of paper at 1" from the long edges. Then holding the paper sideways, score at 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 9 and 10 inches. Then fold on all scored lines using a bone folder.

You'll snip the edges between the 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 marks to create flaps for the side to make the box, and trim off the 1" marks from the 9" inch line to create the front flap. This is a photo of what your paper will look like once scored, snippped and cut! (I used just plain very vanilla paper here so you can see what it should look like....)

Fold up the bottom and overlap the sides - the front side will be shorter. Then using a punch, create a hole for a brad on each side to hold the box shut. I like to fold the top of the side panel down towards the inside and secure it with a glue dot.

Take a 4 x 6 1/2 piece of designer paper and fold it in half the long way. You will add this to the front flap to extend it to close the box.

Create a closure by stamping an image on a 1/14 circle, mat it on a coordinating 1 3/8 circle and attach using dimensionals on only the bottom half of the circle so that you can tuck the top flap inside.

Notecards:

Four neutral pieces of cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 (I chose Very Vanilla and I used my ticket corner on each corner)

Solid Cardstock for notecard mat 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (I chose Real Red)

Four strips of designer paper 1/2" x 4" (I used Cerise Designer Paper)

1 1/4 punched circles with coordinated stamp (I chose the flower from Priceless and added a vintage brad through the flower center)

1 3/8 punched circles with coordinating matting (again..I used Real Red)
Assemble notecards using Snail for the neutral to the matting, for the designer paper to the neutral card, and then I popped the circular image up on a dimensional.

Again, I can't take credit for the box idea, I'm not sure where Erica learned how to make it. But I'm sure glad she taught me, and I hope you like it too! If you decide to make one, please

send me a link to your SCS gallery or you blog, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Happy Stamping!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

so cute jo!! really beautiful!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Love it Joanne!! Am sooooo case'ing this! Maybe even today! :)

Liz said...

Gosh, another stunning project! I can't wait to give this a try soon. I'm so disappointed that SU! didn't put Au Chocolat in their Fall/Winter catty. I think I prefer it over Cerise and the other color. I've been very stingy with my Au Chocolat paper! Beautiful project!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tutorial! Awesome boxes!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, this box is adorable, and your tutorial is FABULOUS!!! What a fantastic job you've done! Your photography is perfect, and your instructions are easy to follow.

Angie Tieman said...

I LOVE this project!! Thanks for the great tutorial, I can't wait to try it!

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is perfect for a gift. Love the colors you used. Once I can print I'm going to try this one. TFS Great tutorial! :)

Tricia T said...

Here's my first try! I think I need more practise and to use heavier weight DP, but it will make a great gift, nonetheless!!

Thanks!!

http://simplystamping.blogspot.com/2007/10/new-look.html

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Totally fabulous! I love it with the DSP. Thank You so much for sharing how you did it! :O)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover