Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 3, 2007

Hello my friends!

A family friend asked me to create a name frame for her girlfriend for her birthday. She wanted something pink and girly, and I thought this fit the bill.

I created new photo mat using my Petal Prints Designer Paper from Stampin Up.

The top space is for Katie to add a picture of herself and her friend to complete the gift. I added a flower from In the Spotlight and punched it with the five petal punch topped off with a Certainly Celery button that has a snippet of hemp twine. Then, the opposing corner has the Photo Corner punch with some scraps of the Designer Paper and a few brads. (I lined them up all neatly like that with the help of my mat pack - love that thing!)
I stamped the word "friends" using my Big Deal Alphabet with Regal Rose ink on Whisper White, then mounted it to Regal Rose paper and trimmed it out so that it has a little border. The "e" features two little flowers from the Three for You punch each with a little brad in the center. Here's a close up, because I really like this part!

The ribbon across the middle is the Fairy Tales Ribbon Originals from Stampin Up. I borrowed a design element from my friend Charmaine over at Oodabug Alley (hi Charmaine!) I loved her idea to use the scalloped punch from SU behind my Cuttlebug Slider die.
I have to say I was always aggravated that Cuttlebug doesn't offer a little larger mat for that to add a layer, but now I'll just use the scalloped circle instead! The "happy" in the center is from "Its All Good" from Stampin Up, and I punched it out with my 1" circle punch.

Lotsa punches, and lotsa pink, but that's just my style I guess..... I was SO happy to be healthy enough to stamp. I went to see the doctor yesterday who prescribed me a nice healthy does of antibiotics, and I'm already feeling SO much better. Good thing because I have a project class to get ready for! Thanks for all your well wishes!

I'll update the next post, but to anyone that was wondering, that pretty green floral paper I used on my "kind" card is Stampin Up from the Uptown Designer Series Paper collection.

By the way, please pardon the glare of my end table in this photo. No matter how I shot it, there was either my reflection or the reflection of a table or something. Its so hard to get a clear shot of a glass piece!


6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing job you've done - this is fabulous!!!! All you elements make an amazing whole! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE this frame! How adorable! Oh my! Just the cutest!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, glad to hear you're feeling better! This frame is incredible!!!! You hit the nail on the head with your friends "girly" request! I just can't believe all the details you've added ... looks like something one would purchase at an upscale boutique! WOW! Your work is amazing ... so inspiring!!!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So pretty jo!!! I LOVE IT! can't wait to see you tonight!

Julie Campbell said...

Man girl! If this is what your projects look like when you're sick, I can't imagine how awesome they must be when you're feeling good! I LOVE it!

Basement Stamper said...

What a great gift! I love that you used the Big Deal alphabet and didn't cut out the white parts of the e and d...stunning frame!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover