Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 23, 2007

Snow Days

This card makes me think of those really pretty days when the world is coated in snow, but its bright and sunny out. You know, in the beginning of the season when you say "I love a day like this, its so pretty" rather than come February when I roll over and say "Ugh. Snowing again?"

I've been looking at this little snowman the last few days while working on my big project below thinking he's the perfect size for a really darling smaller sized card. So, voila, a triangle trifold card.

I learned how to make these on Beate's blog a while ago and I really do love them. So clever! Here's a link to the tutorial she wrote.

I picked up some great new seasonal paper at my last trip to my local scrapbooking store. This particluar selection is by Reminisce. The colors are similar to Ruby Red and Old Olive and sorta Tempting Turquoise-ish too.
I know I've mentioned it before, but remember, this set is currenly only available as part of the Paper Pretties subscription. Subscribers to the My Favorite Things boxes will recieve this as their November box!

Okay, on to the details.....I stamped the MFT "Baby Its Cold Outside" on shimmery white with Stazon and then colored with some Prismacolor pencils. Then aquapainted the snowman with some soft sky refill. Lastly, with the help of a glue pen and some dazzling diamonds, added some fresh glistening snow! I used some May Arts ribbon which Christie sent down to me! How did she know its my favorite?


Have a great day everyone!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Laura said...

I love these MFT stamps...did you see Mary Jo's cards today>???

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- I love it

Dottie K. said...

Love this card and that dp paper is perfect. :)

Pegg S said...

I love your card! This set is so fun!!

Unknown said...

So cute Joanne! Love the paper! ;) It is a perfect image for a tri-fold!

Kerry said...

Love the card. I just joined the monthly MFT club and can't wait to get the November set :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the card...thanks for sharing. Annie

Kathy W said...

soooo cute Joanne!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Joanne. . .I LOVE these little cards!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover