Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 29, 2007

Stamping In Your Jammies!

Last night was the October Stampin In Your Jammies session for Paper Pretties. Its a virtual stamping party with three challenges - one at the top of each hour!

Lucky me, my Paper Pretties kit arrived yesterday containing several new stamp sets (VeggieBella, ExpectaFellaBella both from StampingBella and By The Seashore from MFT)!

I was itchy to play with my new rubber, so this was a great excuse! It was so nice to be able to open stamps right up and get cracking... no trimming! I have to say, that's so handy....

The first challenge was to create a sour cream container...they're a quick little treat if you need a party favor. This one could hold some chocolate covered coffee beans, M&M's any little trinket related to coffee....
I've had an Au Chocolat card in my head featuring My Favorite Things "Hot Stuff" so it was a no brainer for me to use that for my sour cream container. I did sorta feel like I was cheating by using designer paper rather than stamping something.... but hey, I was pressed for time!

The next challenge was a color challenge to use Rust, Dark Purple and Straw. I had this Basic Grey Mellow Paper that was just what I needed for this challenge, as well as some Bravo Burgundy I haven't used since my Christmas cards from LAST year! My brand spankin new Veggie Bella from Stamping Bella - featured in Paper Pretties September Card Kit - was perfect for this task! I loved coloring her in and paper piecing her overalls out of Close to Cocoa paper. The sentiment reads "Simple Joys" and is part of a longer PaperTrey Ink sentiment. I inked only the portion I wanted with my Choc Chip marker and then punched it out with my Word Window punch.

I'll admit that The last challenge really scared me when I first saw it. It was a sketch challenge that I wasn't sure WHAT to do with. Then, I remembered that my package of goodies contained the My Favorite Things stamp set in the October Paper Pretties kit.
I grabbed my marvy uchida giga scallop and mega plain circles and got to work. Instead of the undulating wavy image in the sketch, I used a scallop border with the scallops pointing up.
The sentiment "Friendship" is placed on a 1 1/4 circle of Very Vanilla and matted on a 1 3/8 circle of Close to Cocoa. A little "Three For You" flower accent with a cute polka dotted brad that I got at the Paper Pretties Corner Store was the perfect touch!

I was right up to the wire to post this for the challenge, but when I came down to clean up, it needed a little something. So, beyond the deadline for posting to the Paper Pretties group site, I eyeletted the scallops around the circle and on the scalloped edge and added faux stitching to the saffron panel. Oh, and I carefully doodled around the sentiment to fill in some empty space.

If you're a Paper Pretties Member, I hope you'll join us for next month's SIYJ! It was really fun and I hope to see you there!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tricia T said...

Looks like a fun night of stamping!! I hope there was chocolate involved as well as new goodies! :)

Dottie K. said...

What a great idea - sounds like you had fun. Cute cards! :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

These are Awesome Joanne!!!!

Unknown said...

Joanne all your projects were great! I especially love that sketch challenge card- nice elements on it! Had a blast stamping with you last night - if only it could be for real . .. Feb! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

All of your challenge creations turned out wonderful!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover