Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 30, 2007

The Prettie Girls are Back

Its Wednesday, so that means its Prettie Girl Design Team Challenge Day! This time, I get to show you my card I created for Kristine for my "Scare Yourself Challenge."

While there are some patterns I LOVE from the Uptown Collection, but others that I just say "ummmm??" about. As in, what's going on with all those circles? And, those stripes were just not me. I'm generally not a big fan of purple, so put those together, and voila - the perfect ingredients for my "Scare Yourself" challenge card.
Once I embraced all this craziness I set to work creating a double pocket card. I learned how to make them on Beate's blog. (Which is funny because she doesn't like purple either!)

For the pocket card, I used my In the Spotlight set which is one of my favorites, I just haven't had a chance to use it in a while. I wrote a quick note to Kristine on it, and tucked a little something for her in the front pocket.

Here's another thing that I'm sort of afraid of. Hodgepodge. I can't ever seem to figure out what fits inside. So, scrap that, I put something on the outside and then used that Hodgepodge to thread through some May Arts polka dotted ribbon to soften up all those dots and dashes!



I received a beautiful card in the mail from Julie Campbell. She included a bunch of birthday prizes for me! How sweet! To see what scares Julie, be sure to swing by her blog. To be honest, its something I'm afraid of too, but she made it look super easy and totally cute!!!
Be sure to stop by the other Prettie Girls: Alli, Christie, Jillian, Charmaine, Julie C., Julie M., and Kristine what fears they had to overcome!


Christie will be issuing the weekly challenge today, and I totally welcome you to join us! If you play along with us please post me a link or send me a picture so I can see what you've been up to!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

It turned out beautiful, Joanne! It looks as if you've overcome your fear! LOL

Unknown said...

Love it Joanne!! Such a beautiful card - not scary at all!

Liz said...

What a fabulous card Joanne! I think you should make more lavender/purple cards! I love what you did with this!

Tricia T said...

So pretty!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, this is absolutely gorgeous! You always make such beautiful cards ... you've got the magic touch!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, this made my jaw drop open. It is so beautiful! Love it!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover