Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 17, 2007

Try Something That Scares You!

After seeing so many stunning cards made with the Baroque paper from Stampin Up, I succumbed and purchased it. But, I must admit, its been sitting in my storage since then. And Um... yes, that was in July. That's bad.

When I opened up the package, I decided it was just too far out of my normal "style" and wasn't sure if I'd ever use it. The other day, as I prepared for my Design Team challenge with The Prettie Girls, I said to myself "Come on. It's only paper." I leafed through the package and found two that I liked. I've been meaning to use my new Illuminations stamp set from Stampin Up. (I bought it specifically to make a wedding card for my sister.)

All supplies on this card are from Stampin Up. The colors here are River Rock for the card base, Old Olive Matting and Very Vanilla. The card is finished off with Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon. Which I love. **I'm sure you've seen this comment before, but River Rock is tough to capture in a photograph. The color is gorgeous, it just for whatever reason, photographs sorta bland.**


Edited to add... as I had mentioned, I went back and added another "C" popped up on Dimensionals today. I like that extra layer in there for a little "pop." I changed the top picture, but here's a closeup of the "C" itself, I just think its so pretty!

So, here's my Design Team challenge to the Pretties this week. Find something in your collection that is out of your traditional style, either stamps that you have but don't use, or paper you haven't yet been brave enough to use, or a color ink pad that you own, but don't use. (I have one of those --- Taken with Teal.)

I'll be playing again and will have a new card to send along to the Prettie Girls. Each Wednesday, we'll each post our previous challenges (whoops, I posted mine too early in the week, please follow down to see my challenge cards below) and one of us will issue a new challenge for the week. The Prettie Girls are Alli, Christie, Jillian, Charmaine, Julie C., Julie M., and Kristine . And, we hope you'll follow (and possibly even PLAY!) along.

I'd love to see what you've come up with. Post here with a link to your blog or SCS gallery (or wherever you post for that matter!)

Come on, what's really to be scared of...its only paper, stamps and ink. Be sure to check back next Wednesday to see what we all completed last week!! Most of all, Have fun!!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wonderful card. . .I can't see what scared you! LOL You make this challenge look easy! :) Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Charmaine, I laughed out loud. You should have seen my face when I started sifting through that pack of paper. It was in the summer, and it all seemed so dark to me. Just seasonally too early for me I guess. I promise, for the actual DT one this week, I'll dig for something that I really don't know what to do with and give it a try.

Jillabella said...

This one is gonna be tough...I buy just about EVERYTHING and never use any of it. Your card is FAB, I never would have thought you were scared of that paper, you work with it well. ;)

Tina said...

Gorgeous card!

Liz said...

I love the use of Baroque Motifs DS paper. I think you did a great job. The challenges sound like fun and definitely takes you out of your comfort zone. You rose to the occasion on this card!

Sharon in NE said...

Great job!

Allison Rankin said...

Hi Joanne...I took you up on your challenge!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/10/scared.html

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover