Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 29, 2007

A Card that Needs Making

Honestly, nobody likes to have to create sympathy cards, but I'd have to say that receiving a handmade card for such an occasion would be most certainly heartwarming.

For this project, I wanted something elegant and subtle. My normal style of color and glitter and whimsy was not going to be appropriate here. I made five each of two designs for a regular client of mine that wanted to have cards on hand.


The first card uses a Bashful Blue card base with Basic Grey cardstock as an accent. Another layer of Bashful Blue with the Baroque backgrounder (Love it!) the sentiment was stamped in Basic Grey on whisper white and then punched out with an oval punch, matted on a scalloped oval punch (both marvy uchida) finished off with the Basic Grey taffeta ribbon from Stampin Up.

The second card is a River Rock card base and then a piece of the Porcelain Prints designer paper with a Very Vanilla matting. The main image is colored with my Stampin Up markers and stamped on Very Vanilla with a River Rock matting. Finished off with River Rock double stitched ribbon. The sentiment is a little hard to read here... hmm. But is totally legible on the actual card.

So, are these my favorite cards I've ever made? Oh goodness, clearly not. Am I expecting a slew of comments from all of you on these? Again, clearly not. But every once and a while, I must step out of my little box of comfort over here and do complete a requirement.
Have a great day everyone!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

These cards are beautiful and timeless. The muted colors are total appropriate for the occasion. You may not enjoy making sympathy cards too often but I'm sure the recipients of your cards will appreciate the work you did and encourage their heart!

Jackie said...

Sympathy cards are difficult to make sometimes but I really like these. Simple and elegant.

holly said...

Very tasteful and appropriate. Sympathy cards are difficult to find in stores and your designs are beautiful. I've shyed away from making these, but you've shown that it can be done well.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are beautiful, Joanne! I'm sure they will bring much comfort!

Tricia T said...

I especially like the River Rock one. It's so mellow & comforting.

Nancy Riley said...

You certainly achieved elegant and subtle with these, Joanne. They are just perfect. Very very nice!

Anonymous said...

The cards are very beautiful! Simple, but elegant! Wow!

Laura said...

Expect it or not, I must comment! These are lovely!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover