Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 18, 2007

Got Snow?

Friday afternoon I went outside to find my first package of Gina K stamps had arrived! I was so excited! Its been a super busy weekend here, so I didn't get a chance to play with them till Sunday, but I had a space cleared and waiting. Paper picked out and just couldn't wait to get to work!

If you haven't stopped by Gina's store lately, RUN over! She has new packaging, new stamps and a new design team too. The stamps are now packaged into sets in these cute little tins, already mounted onto cling foam. All you have to do is trim them out, and they cling right to your acrylic block. Best of all, the little tin itself is the perfect place to store the stamp set in and has index on the back so its easy to figure out where everything belongs!! (for me, this is key. If you've seen my desk, you know what I'm talking about.....) Storage for these is a breeze.


Can you tell I'm very excited and loving my purchase? Okay, here's my card!

I used the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper for this card on a River Rock card base. For this image, I picked the muted blues and greens within the collection, they have such a soft wintry feel. I stamped the image on Very Vanilla paper and then stitched that panel to the background matting using my Janome Sew Mini.


I chose to color in the image this time with my prismacolor pencils and dug through the box to find just the right mix for my chosen paper. Then blended the coloring with gamsol and a stump. I have to say, I really enjoy that, its so calming for me.


For some sparkle, I spritzed the paper with my Glimmer Mist. This was the first time I've used it and it was a nice subtle effect. I've got to play more to see just how glimmery you can make things. For this card, I was afraid to go too heavy since I'd already stitched and colored the image.. So I just went lightly to give a similar effect to using shimmery white paper. Very soft. But, Mr Snowman needed some fresh fallen snow, and the snowflakes from the sky, so I used my glue pen to adhere some dazzling diamonds in place.

The set comes with so many sentiments - I chose "Got Snow" for this card. Finished off with a snippet of wide width grosgrain ribbon.

Living in New England we'll get a lot of snow, and soon I'll be sick of it. But, I'm really looking forward to making snowmen with the boys this winter. Even if I'll have to battle the little one to get him into a coat, boots, hat and gloves.

There is also a cute image of a family sledding in this set, a whole bunch of other sentiments and then whole second set that I purchased but haven't yet touched. I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to work with this, hopefully Tuesday night.
Have a great day!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Pam Speidel said...

What a sweet and lovely snowman card! I love the colors you've used and can see why you were excited about your new stamps! :)

Jana Weaver said...

Fantastic card! I've been wanting to play with this set more but haven't had the time...but your card turned out gorgeous!!

Liz said...

Cute image! I liked the touch of the slit punch with the grosgrain ribbon. So cute! I can't wait to see how you use the other images in the set.

Julie Campbell said...

I love this card! This is one set that I've been wanting ever since I saw the first preview! I just need to hit the lottery or soemthing so I can buy whatever I like! :) Beautiful job!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card Joanne! Love the sewing you did - yea for Janome! :) Snow looks so nice in pictures doesn't it??! :)

Tina said...

Very pretty card!

Dottie K. said...

This is so adorable. I love the colors your picked. Can't wait to see whatelse you create with this adorable snowman. :)

Alli Miles said...

I really love the soft colours. You have put this card together very well!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Congrats on 50,000! I always love your work! Beautiful card...great image and love how you did the ribbon!

tyrymom29 said...

LOVE this card so CUTE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh - I love the way you tied the ribbon on this card using that little paper tabber doohickie.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover