Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 12, 2007

Inspired By Christie....

When I issued my "Scare Yourself" challenge a few weeks ago, Christie used By Land. As she's scared of solid image stamps.
I know why, because it's sometimes difficult to get a fully even image. Its funny, this was one of my first purchase because back in the day, I was afraid of coloring in images, now I really enjoy doing that! So, this has sat sort of unloved in my cabinet for a while.

So when I saw this cute card of Christie's I decided to pull it out and use it again. I had a client who needed a new baby boy card, and I had made a custom scrapbook for her using this retired SU Paper from the Toy Box simply scrappin kit so it was a perfect match for the gift.

The stamp was inked using my Brocade Blue, Old Olive and Close to Cocoa markers. My husband and boys like to laugh at me when I'm huffing on an image to re wet the ink once its all colored in. It does look and sound very silly, but does a great job of getting the ink all fresh again for stamping.
I added large sized brads through each wheel with my paper piercer and then doodled around the edge.
Here's the matching scrapbook and a sample of two of the blank pages. Its a 6x6 book from Making Memories.
Admittedly, these pages are very basic, but hey, I had to make SIXTY of them, so sometimes, you've got to stick to the basics!!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Daisydaze said...

Such a darling set for a little boy...I know your client was very happy with the completed set. I like the simple looking items...they just look so neat. TFS.

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is just adorable. I so enjoy seeing your beautiful work. I know your client will love this!!! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Joanne, these are ADORABLE! Ya know, I HAD to order By Land when I saw Christie's card. . .now I'm so glad I did now that I see your creations with it! It will be perfect for both boys and girls!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So handsome Jo!!! Really!! I love it!!

xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Love this Joanne! I think there's going to be a run on that set now! :) I'm off to add it to my order!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover