Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 10, 2007

Who has time to cook?

Kristine issued our challenge for the week for the Paper Pretties Design Team. This week we are going to create a stamped recipe card for another girl on the team for me.

I'll admit, I'm so bad when it comes to cooking. Its really hard to cook with a little one climbing at your leg, or in my case, six little ones! EEKS.

My husband and I spend one night a month at Dream Dinners. I love that place. We go in and assemble twelve three serving meals and then load them up in our freezer. We've gotten so good at it, that we're out usually in about an hour. Its an amazing concept. All the ingredients and measuring spoons, cups etc are at the stations along with the recipe. Each month the menu varies, and there are always lots of mouthwatering options. Best of all, when I need a dinner, I defrost it and cook. Its not "icky supermarket frozen food", its real food, frozen! If you don't have one near you - goodness look into a franchise, its my lifesaver place.

Then, after we've made our dinners for the month, we go OUT to dinner. Hey we've already hired a babysitter for the night and looking at all that food makes a girl HUNGRY!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH, THANK YOU for posting this! I am going to have to check it out! Sounds perfect for me! :)

Unknown said...

I have four and was ready to have "did you feed the kids yet today" tatooed to my hand. I found one of those dinner assembly places (dinners ready, I think its called) and my husband thinks I am a genius. I LOVELOVELOVE it!! I especially like the fact that they assemble for me. My choice. If my husband had the time to go with me, though, that would be my first choice. Very cool!!
hugs,
Holly

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea!! I need this!! thanks for the tip! PS your link is broken!:(

Dottie K. said...

Boy would my husband love this. He does all the cooking. Hmmmm maybe I would do some cooking. LOL :)

Unknown said...

I just love date nights, don't you? My husband and I had one last night and we left the kiddos with a babysitter and I don't think we stopped talking all evening except when we were shoveling the food in :) Hope you have fun!

Liz said...

"Icky supermarket frozen food"...I hope you're not referring to Lean Cuisine, Stouffer's...LOL! We aim to be better than the competition! We have similar places like Dream Dinners in my area. It is very convenient!

Tricia T said...

Dream Dinners sounds wonderful! I'd love to *go* somewhere to cook... and let someone else clean up! :o) Gotta look into that!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover