Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 9, 2007

My First Mojo Monday Card

I've finally played along with Julee Tilman's MoJo Monday sketch challenge. I actually completed this card earlier in the week, but I had my stamp club meeting last night, so I saved this to post this morning. We had so much fun as always, my girls have become such good friends which I love, and we always have a laugh, okay a LOT of laughs.

After everyone leaves, I have this big rush of energy cleaning up and then I end up sitting down to stamp. Last night was no exception, I decided to finish a client project that is due later today. Now the house is trashed (not from the stamp party, but from a weeks worth of me being alone with all the kids!!) and my husband is coming home from a week long business trip today. I've got a lot of work to do to get this place ready for his return!

Okay, back to the card.....

This was so fun, although admittedly a challenge for me. Even using my favorite paper - Cutie Pie - trying to get all the elements to tie in, and not look like there's a million things going on.

It is a 5 1/4 square card with white matting on the Cutie Pie polka dot paper. I cut a circle with my Coluzzle with the flowered pattern in that collection and then hand cut a thin border of Certainly Celery.

For the main image, I used Stampin Up's "In the Spotlight" because I'm going to be sad when the new catalogue comes out and this set goes away. Its been a favorite of mine since the latest catalogue came out. I covered the center of the flower with two punchouts from the Three For You punch and tacked them down with a pewter brad.
A rectangular sentiment was part of the layout in the original sketch, but I switched to a nested circle from "Think Happy Thoughts" a button and an assortment of I hope that isn't cheating too badly. (wink.) I also hope that you all aren't SO tired of seeing me use that set. I really love it, can you tell? HA!

I hope to play in Julee's MoJo Monday challenge again soon. This was fun, and it was nice to try something totally NEW!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Joanne! I LOVE that Cutie Pie paper. . .and the way you used the layout is fabulous!

Tricia T said...

Oh, very fun card!! I still need to do that challenge. Thanks for the reminder!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love the colors.

Dottie K. said...

This is so pretty. Great card! :)

Unknown said...

Great card!! That's such a fun layout and you did it so nicely! The card is bright and pretty! :)

Daisydaze said...

Beautiful card; so bright and cheerful...anyone would love opening their mail to something so fun.

Liz said...

Is, "In the Spotlight" really going to be discountinuted in the next SU! catty? Bummer...

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for playing! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover