Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 9, 2007

My First Mojo Monday Card

I've finally played along with Julee Tilman's MoJo Monday sketch challenge. I actually completed this card earlier in the week, but I had my stamp club meeting last night, so I saved this to post this morning. We had so much fun as always, my girls have become such good friends which I love, and we always have a laugh, okay a LOT of laughs.

After everyone leaves, I have this big rush of energy cleaning up and then I end up sitting down to stamp. Last night was no exception, I decided to finish a client project that is due later today. Now the house is trashed (not from the stamp party, but from a weeks worth of me being alone with all the kids!!) and my husband is coming home from a week long business trip today. I've got a lot of work to do to get this place ready for his return!

Okay, back to the card.....

This was so fun, although admittedly a challenge for me. Even using my favorite paper - Cutie Pie - trying to get all the elements to tie in, and not look like there's a million things going on.

It is a 5 1/4 square card with white matting on the Cutie Pie polka dot paper. I cut a circle with my Coluzzle with the flowered pattern in that collection and then hand cut a thin border of Certainly Celery.

For the main image, I used Stampin Up's "In the Spotlight" because I'm going to be sad when the new catalogue comes out and this set goes away. Its been a favorite of mine since the latest catalogue came out. I covered the center of the flower with two punchouts from the Three For You punch and tacked them down with a pewter brad.
A rectangular sentiment was part of the layout in the original sketch, but I switched to a nested circle from "Think Happy Thoughts" a button and an assortment of I hope that isn't cheating too badly. (wink.) I also hope that you all aren't SO tired of seeing me use that set. I really love it, can you tell? HA!

I hope to play in Julee's MoJo Monday challenge again soon. This was fun, and it was nice to try something totally NEW!
Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover