Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 13, 2007

Flippin' Paper

I bought this delicious Webster's Paper when Verve Visual was having a sale just after Thanksgiving. And, I figured tick-tock, Christmas is coming I better dig in!

I loved that this paper included both elegant and more whimsical patterns. So to illustrate the variety in this paper, get this, these two cards are made out of the same paper, just flipped over!
They both use the same two pieces of designer paper, cut to exactly the same size for both cards. They both use a very vanilla card base and kraft matting, and they both use the vanilla wide width grosgrain ribbon. I switched out the stamps, but the paper for each card is identical! Just, flipped over! How cool is that??

The first card uses the more elegant side of the paper. I used my "Joy" stamp from my Stampin Up Illuminations set. I coved the "J" with my glue pen then adhered micro beads for some shine. Then, I went over all the scrollwork with my VersaMarker, then covered that with clear embossing powder and hit it with my heat gun for a shimmer all over effect.

The second card, the flip side, whimsical version, uses my Stampendous "JOY" stamp which I picked up at Eclectic Paperie. I stamped the image with Stazon then colored in with my prismacolors and blended with a stump.

Using nearly all the same supplies, could these cards be any more different? Which one is more your style? I'm torn!!

I'm signing off for the weekend. Christmas cards are finally postal, and I'll share a photo with you on Monday! Lots of presents to wrap, a few more to buy and even more to make!! I'm also hoping to spend a lot of time playing with my little ones in all the snow we got today!

Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend and see you next week!!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh My!!! How cute is this...Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Jo, have a great weekend! I love both cards but think the second is more my style. Really cute stamp! I have to learn that microbead technique! See you soon.
Audra

Laura said...

I like both! Of course, as you know, the second is more my style, since I almost never do anything elegant...papercrafting or real life... my idea of dressed up is a nice sweater with my jeans rather than a sweatshirt...lol. Maybe I should challenge myself to try doing elegant!

Tricia T said...

Pretty cards! I like the paper!

Carolyn King said...

These are beautiful....loved looking through your blog---found you from Nichole's blog....fantastic work and congratulations on your honorable mention!

Unknown said...

How adorable is this card! You do amazing work! Congrats!

Happy Holidays!
JessicaLynn
www.jessicalynnoriginal.com

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful cards, Joanne! Hope you had fun in all the snow!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover