Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 8, 2008

Change it Up.


I had so much fun with "Rain or Shine" from MFT the other day, that I just had to give it another go. This time, I broke out my Bali Breeze Designer paper from Stampin Up. All the colors here are so rich and vibrant. QUITE a different look from the subtle, quiet card I'd made the other day. I couldn't wait to get started!

The dress, skirt, boots and doggie sweater were all paper pierced. I watercolored the girls skin on her legs and hand, as well as the puddle and the dog's fur. The umbrella was stamped in Versamark then embossed with clear embossing powder. The slit punch made quick work of a scalloped border for the fun teal patterned paper.

The sentiment is inked up a little at a time for perfect placement within a 1 1/4 circle, then I layered that with a 1 3/8 taken with teal circle and a scalloped circle in old olive.

Lots of layers of dimensionals as the scalloped border is bumped up one level, then the main image panel is bumped up on two sets, and the umbrella had to be bumped up on three stacked sets of dimensionals. My husband loathes dimensionals, as those little white hexagons get static clung to me and then travel all around my house. I always hear him yell "Aaargh! HEXAGON!" It only makes me laugh, but I don't think he thinks it funny. You should have heard him groaning as he watched me apply layer after layer of those babies on this card!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! LOVE it! I really need this set! Love all your paper piecing too...I am in love with this paper!

Kathy W said...

Love the colors of this card, and paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques. This card is so cute, and the added dimension of the umbrella really sets it off. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

You are doing awesome with this set Joanne!

And I had to laugh out loud about the dimensionals because every time I use the red sticky tape, I find the backing from that all over my house! :)

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Juanita B said...

Just as beautiful as yesterday's post.

Nancy Riley said...

WOW Joanne! This card is amazing! Paper Piecing is probably one of my all time favorite techniques! These colors are incredible together too!

Stacy said...

Love love love this card. So bright and vibrant. I so want spring to come. TFS

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your card and the last one too. The texture and dimension are wonderful. Poor husband with the hexagons, maybe a roll of foam tape would be helpful?

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover