Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 2, 2008

Conversation Hearts

I love conversation hearts. YUM. And, they're actually one of the few safe candies to have around the house since my son has a severe nut allergy. Oh, and they're fat free to boot! Hooray for that!

I've been dying to make a card with the candy hearts from the new My Favorite Things mini set. This cute stamp set is part of the Paper Pretties December subscription box, and isn't even yet available over at My Favorite Things.

When I saw these little conversation hearts, I just knew I wanted to make a little pile of them using the masking technique. That gives them the look that they are layered one over the next. I picked up some Dew Drop inks at a recent craft store run.

I've actually had this piece of glimmery polka dotted paper from Reminisce since last Valentines day. I knew it would eventually come in handy. The colors were nearly identical to the blue and pink in the ink drops I had purchased.


With the help of my handy dandy Nestabilities I purchased from Paper Pretties, I had a nice turquoise all made up and started masking.


Between the glittery ink, and the glittery paper this is really sparkly in real life. I wished I had some of the May Arts black ribbon with white polka dots, but I used it all up. My mat pack, paper piercer and a bunch of brads were just enough to finish this card off.


Laura, you had challenged me ages ago to make a bright card, how did I do, I even squeezed purple in here. Eeks, I can hardly believe it myself!

Have a good one everyone!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover