Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 2, 2008

Bee Crazy

I just can't resist those Stampendous bees. As soon as I saw them, I had to have one! I mean, really, how sweet is this little baby?


I've mentioned my fascination with Scenic Route paper, but this new Valentine collection, Loveland is just yummy. I love it. I love any excuse to use it. I've got to go over to Right at Home (Hi Fatima!) to pick up some more of the Berrylicious Bazill paper that I use with it, because I've just used my very last scrap. Lucky for me, I have a lot more Loveland paper!!



The image and sentiment were stamped with Stazon then colored with my SU Markers (Regal Rose and Rose Red and Blush Blossom for the face) Then I coated with the wings heavily with my new Spica clear pen. The wings, though you can't see it here, are pretty sparkly in real life.

I created the "double bubble scalloping" by using my slit punch. I created a single row of scallops by punching side by side all the way across one edge, then turning it over and lining it up to be sure the "humps" would match top and bottom and scalloping all the way across that side as well. It actually was super easy!

Once I had the card all assembled, that white mat was bugging me. Too much empty space. So, I held my breath and doodled all around the edge. Phew, I didn't mess it up!
Have a great day everyone!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, happy new year! I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog. I look so forward to checking it everyday. You are one talented lady. Thanks for sharing!! Crystal N.

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the colors on the bee!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Kathy W said...

so cute, I am crazy about it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

SO cute, Joanne! I love those bees too! Haven't inked this one up yet. . .it's so stinkin' cute! Love your card and your doodling is fab!

Dottie K. said...

I just love this bee image. Love the colors. Such a beeautiful bee card. HE HE HE Thanks for all the inspiration. :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card love the stamp and the scrummy papers ,Dawnx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your card is so cute, love the bee, the paper, everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I love your card...which is nothing new...love them all! Do you mind giving the dimensions of the white cardstock with the bee? Just trying to get a perspective of items used on the cards. Thank you!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card - I love the colors and they remind me that I need to get busy creating for Valentine's. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover