Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 17, 2008

For the Birds....


I bought Always from SU because I loved this sweet little bird with the flowers all over its belly. But really, birds aren't for everyone. So in designing this card I created one version with the bird, and another with the beautiful scripted heart.



Following Beate's lead, I've embossed these images. Since I didn't have So Saffron Craft ink, I stamped the images with So Saffron Classic, then used my versamarker to coat all that ink then applied my clear embossing powder and hit it with the heat gun for a nice raised, and shiny image.




The paper here is Le Jardin Designer Paper from Stampin Up, the card base is So Saffron and there is a Mellow Moss mat in there as well. Both cards are finished up with scraps of Very Vanilla 5/8 width grosgrain ribbon. I just had to switch up were I applied the ribbon to accomodate the heart image.....

I've officially used up all the yellow paper in this designer paper collection, now I've got to move on the the blue and green papers in that pack.

Have a great day!





correction: I had earlier listed this paper was retired, but HOORAY it isn't. I didn't check my catalogue, but didn't recall seeing it. Yeah, this means I can make lots more of these because I'd like to keep more on hand for those somber occasions that one of my more typically whimsical cards isn't appropriate.

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

I LOVE it!! Can't wait to get this set myself...these cards are just beautiful!

Marie said...

Oh man, I thought I could resist this stamp set! Now I don't know, these cards are beautiful. Did you know that there's another way for you to emboss that might be easier than coloring? You'll want to play around with it first to get the hang of it. You ink your stamp with VersaMark and then ink it with your classic ink. When you stamp it on paper, the top layer will now be the VersaMark and the classic ink will be on the bottom, so you should be able to emboss it. I've heard some people worry it might ruin their classic ink pad, but I think that would take VERY REPEATED use like this. It hasn't ruined mine. Thought this might be something you would be interested in knowing since you don't have the Craft ink in the color you wanted. Take care and TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Joanne! Love the soft colors!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Joanne!

Liz said...

Well done! Love the colors and use of the stamp set!

Melissa said...

So pretty Joanne!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Unknown said...

I LOVE these Joanne! When I saw them on SCS this morning I was amazed - just stuning!! :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i love the bird jo...so pretty and appropriate for a quiet sentiment.

while yellow isn't my go these make the color look so beautiful! very inspiring love!!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Joanne, you are an amazing designer. I love your blog and can't wait to see what you have posted each day! Hope to see you soon!
Jen : )

Tricia T said...

Beautiful cards. I love that color combo!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. . .these are BEAUTIFUL! You are so very talented and I can't wait to see more/learn more from you! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love what you did with this set, I put you into my faves I love it great job

Billie

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover