Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 17, 2008

For the Birds....


I bought Always from SU because I loved this sweet little bird with the flowers all over its belly. But really, birds aren't for everyone. So in designing this card I created one version with the bird, and another with the beautiful scripted heart.



Following Beate's lead, I've embossed these images. Since I didn't have So Saffron Craft ink, I stamped the images with So Saffron Classic, then used my versamarker to coat all that ink then applied my clear embossing powder and hit it with the heat gun for a nice raised, and shiny image.




The paper here is Le Jardin Designer Paper from Stampin Up, the card base is So Saffron and there is a Mellow Moss mat in there as well. Both cards are finished up with scraps of Very Vanilla 5/8 width grosgrain ribbon. I just had to switch up were I applied the ribbon to accomodate the heart image.....

I've officially used up all the yellow paper in this designer paper collection, now I've got to move on the the blue and green papers in that pack.

Have a great day!





correction: I had earlier listed this paper was retired, but HOORAY it isn't. I didn't check my catalogue, but didn't recall seeing it. Yeah, this means I can make lots more of these because I'd like to keep more on hand for those somber occasions that one of my more typically whimsical cards isn't appropriate.
Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover