Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 16, 2008

Prettie Wednesday Returns!

We're back!!!! You may remember that the Prettie Girls (a.k.a. the Paper Pretties Design Team) had been issuing Wednesday challenges this past fall - each week one of us takes a turn issuing a challenge, and forwards our creations to another girl on the team.


This week, the challenge was issued by Christie and its a color challenge: light yellow, light blue, and apricot. How springy and fun! I can't wait to play. We'd love for you to play along, please let me know if you do by adding a comment on this post with a link to your creation. You can find all the girls blogs in my sidebar to the right. ----->

So, looks like Masse and I are on the same page, because we both created red Snowflake Kisses creations for the day. My card base is Real Red from SU and the designer paper is the now retired (sniff sniff) Cerise paper from SU as well. The stamp set is the newly released Snowflake Kisses stamp from Paper Pretties.


The mittens are stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink on Watercolor Paper and then colored in with reinkers. The muffs of the mittens were given some fluffy with Liquid Applique which I picked up at the Paper Pretties Boutique. The sentiment fits perfectly on the round tab punch and I notched the edge of the main image with my slit punch to create a little space for the ribbon tie.


Lastly.....I did post my challenge for the week on the Paper Pretties Forum as well called "Play it Again" basically it is a challenge to kick an existing creation up a notch, or make a card in two versions a before and a **more** version. Hop on over to the Forum to see the challenge and hopefully to play along, there will be a prize from the Boutique for one lucky player!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute card Joanne!! Red is it today! :) Love all your details!

Michelle B said...

Such cute mittens! Love the card!

Hugs,
Michelle

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

This is Adorable...Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, I love both of your cards...I love the use of Red, and just this morning, while at Michaels, I picked up a few Red items (papers, brads, buttons) to use on some cards....Perhaps this is just one of those 'red letter' days!
Thanks for sharing,
Barb g

Yosha said...

Wow! I didn't buy this set because I didn't think it was versitile!! Now you show me! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover