Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 25, 2008

A girl can dream right?

When I saw this cute Stampendous Stamp over at Eclectic Paperie, I added it right to my basket because I thought it was so stinkin cute.


My mother and my brother's girlfriend both gave me gift certificates to Eclectic Paperie for Christmas, so its okay when I have those "just gotta have it moments" over there (yes, those come pretty frequently for me)! Thanks Mom, Thanks Molly!!!

So, even though its only January, and there's still snow on the ground, and its freezing cold... a girl can dream of spring right? I can't wait for polo shirts, and capri pants and a fresh pedicure and tulips and grass beginning growing in my yard all these things!!


This card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. When I saw the layout, I knew it would be okay to dig my "spring" stamp out a wee bit early. The image is stamped with Stazon ink then watercolored with ink that I pulled off the lid of a few of my pads - pretty in pink, regal rose, cert celery, so saffron and sage shadow. The designer paper is Spring Fling from Stampin Ups spring/summer cataogue.


I stamped the flower to dot the I twice, trimmed out the second one, watercolored it and mounted it up on a dimensional. You can't really see it here, but I added a little shine here and there with my spica pen.

The top and bottom borders are paper pierced (trust me, its easier to do this before you assemble your card rather than as an afterthought, but I carefully picked it apart and used my mat pack and paper piercer for a quick row of detail.

I feel like I'm sorta cheating using a ribbon where the second panel goes, so I'm sure I'll be making another card with this layout. I had my Gina K "Got Snow" out to make a second card but my pillow was calling my name. However, the shimmery white panel is already stamped with the image, just waiting for a few minutes free time!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! Happy Stampin'.

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I love this card. It really reminds me of spring time. It's freezing here today. I think it's 36 outside right now. Really cold for North Florida, January or not!
I really like that you used ribbon on the side instead of a second panel. What a great idea. You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I'm with you on wanting spring! It's been cold and white for days.... Today's am temp is zero.. which is a big increase from Tuesday's 15 below!

I like that Spring stamp! Just what a girl needs to cure the Winter blues!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just so sweet, Joanne! LOVE the colors and that stamp IS a must have! :)

Joy said...

WOW!!!!! This is gorgeous!!!! Joanne, I love what you did with this stamp!

Melissa said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Jana Weaver said...

This is just too cute!! I love that stamp...and the colors are perfect! Good luck getting ready today!! I finally gave up last night! ;-) He's leaving again in the morning so why bother for less than 36 hours, right?! ;-)

Melanie said...

That IS a great stamp!! (and card!!)

Tricia T said...

Adorable card, Joanne!! I love the colors!!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this card and that stamp. Should you ever get sick of that stamp, I know a nice, snowed-over girl who could take it off your hands!

Tara said...

I love this card...the colors are so great!! I love that spring stamp...sooooo cute!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Such a cute card Joanne! I love that new SPRING stamp...it's adorable! GREAT colours!

Elizebeth said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors and that STAMP!

Gwen said...

oh! I do so adore the colors of this card! just beautiful.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover