Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 28, 2008

In the meadow.....

I figure one day my two boys will nicely build a snowman like this. Right now I build it, and then they attack it. Which is fun for them, but maybe not so much for me! I'm sort of an indoor girl if you hadn't already guessed. (wink.)



I mentioned earlier this week that I had another card in mind for the Weekend Sketch Challenge over on Beate's blog and I finally got a chance to put it together on Sunday night. I'm not sure about you, but once I have an idea in my head, I have to get it out on paper or else I can't move on....





I stamped a piece of cardstock with the snowman image from the Gina K set "Got Snow" so that when some time presented itself, I could move quickly.

The image was stamped on Shimmery White paper with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. Then I used my fancy girl Copic Markers that I've purchased at the Pretties Boutique to color in the children's snowclothes. I stamped the image again on Eclipse Tape - trimmed them out, covered the main image and then sponged a sky all around using Soft Sky ink. (Truth be told, I held my breath while I did this, and gave a big sigh when I pulled off the tape and it was sucessful!!)


When I was finished, I added some snow (and sparkle) with my baby blue Stickles. The main image is matted first in soft sky, then double matted with So Saffron and then I added a scalloped border with the help of my slit punch.

The sentiment was matted on soft sky and then all edges were corner rounded. I couldn't help but deviate slightly from the sketch by adding some ribbon, that top corner was looking awfully lonely!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, your card is beautiful! I love the stamp, the soft colors you used and your beautiful coloring!
Awesome card. Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Very pretty Jo!! Love the soft feel of this card :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so sweet! Love the colors!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

That Eclipse tape sounds interesting. I may to look into that! :) You enabler!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover