Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 29, 2008

Do your children have allergies? If so, beware the Kissables.....

Mine does. A severe nut allergy. So, it makes all these candy giving holidays (halloween, valentines, christmas, easter) really difficult for us.

I've always loved Hershey Kissables because they were a "safe" choice for him and those are really hard to find, especially in chocolate products.

Well, they went and changed their ingredients. And now they're NOT safe (they now contain shea butter - which is a nut product) however, it is not declared on the list of allergens (you know -- how when you read a product it will say CONTAINS MILK or CONTAINS NUTS) So, if you have children with a nut allergy - beware the product has changed and personally, I won't be serving them to my son anymore.

Boo. I'm off to Vermont Nut Free Chocolates to see what I can find.

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Thanks for the info, Joanne! I don't mess with chocolate AT ALL, regardless. That's how paranoid I am about the peanut thing. The closest Savannah gets to chocolate are Tootsie Rolls and Orea cookies! LOL

Jana Weaver said...

I hope you didn't find this out the hard way!!! Don't want any sick kiddos.

(tinxmagic) Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
(tinxmagic) Laura said...

Glad to know.... I think you should write hershey's and tell them that you won't be buying them anymore cause of this change and they had a great benefit by having something that was "safe" for your son! Which is hard thing to find.
I will write them too... maybe if they get enough email about it they will change back to the original recipe!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo upset!!!! This was also our safe chocolate!!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover