Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 27, 2008

Its Finally Here!

You've been seeing Sneak Peeks of the three new stamp sets from Paper Pretties, and now we're showing full cards.


This is a joy fold card which I learned how to do on Beate's blog. The card is held shut on the left hand side with the cute little piece from the Precious Metals Hardware Kit that I picked up over at the Paper Pretties Boutique.
The image is stamped on whisper white with brilliance ink. I paper pieced the ladies dress, and the man's pants (out of sahara sand.) To make his pants look more like fabric, I sanded the face of the cardstock to give it a little texture.

The rest of the image was colored with my Prismacolor pencils and then blended with gamsol and a stump.

There are SO many sentiments in this set, I made mine a generic "love you" type card, but sentiments are also included for Valentines Day as well as Happy Anniversary. When you flip open this card, the inside reads "...but mostly kisses."

I'll be back tonight at 8pm CST with a second card using another of the stamps which will be released this evening! Don't forget, that there is also a blog candy contest going on. To enter, go shop around at the Paper Pretties Boutique and send your top favorite three items to paperprettiesprizes@yahoo.com and one winner will receive a 40% off coupon for one item this evening!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Joanne!! Love that little metal embellishment.

Unknown said...

LOVE it Joanne!! That ribbon is great! What a great card! :)

Jillabella said...

Fabulous, as always! I love how you textured the pants, great job!!! Can't wait for tonight!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So cute Joanne! Love that joy fold!

Juanita B said...

What a fantastic card!! You did a wonderful job with the paper piecing, great thinking! It is so refreshing to see an image with people that don't have stick bodies, huge heads, or strange lips, I just love these two(he looks a little like Jay Leno and I love Jay). I don't know if I'll be up when the party starts, I'm on EST, but I am chomping at the bit to see the rest, LOL. TFS.

Dawn Easton said...

So cute! Love the fold you did! Totally adorable!

Nancy Riley said...

SWEET card! Everything you do is top-notch, Joanne!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover