Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 15, 2008

So Glad!

I'm just SO glad that Beate is back to her weekly sketch challenges. I really did miss them, and all her daily inspiration!

So, armed with my fantastic new Hippy Hooray stamps from Gina K and an amazing sketch from Beate I just had to pick through my stash to find the right paper for a baby card and a matching clear paint tin for a client order. Turns out, I had some Crate Paper Baby Bee (honestly my favorite for baby projects) that I didn't remember I still had tucked away ... I got it over at the Paper Pretties Boutique.
The image is stamped with Stazon Timber Brown and then used my Marvy Oval to punch that out, and added a border with my Giga Scalloped Oval. That sweet giraffe is colored in with my Creamy Caramel and Blush Blossom SU Watercolor crayons and then blended with a blender pen. I then added a piece of SU Hodgepodge to tie on a little ribbon.


I'm sure most of you know this, but I'm going to mention it because when I started (um...not that long ago actually) I couldn't figure out how to get my big chunky crayon into those teeny fine spaces. The trick is to color onto the tip of your blender pen and then apply the color to the image that way.

The scalloped border down the left hand side was made with the help of my handy slit punch. I know there are tutorials out there as to how this is done, but if you're not familiar, let me know and I can show you how its done another day.

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Love BOTH your new GinaK cards!! Great job with this adorable little giraffe - can't wait to play with my own!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, you are too sweet! You are making me blush!
I LOVE your card. I love the soft colors, I LOVE the set you chose and I love all the little details. Beautiful card with an not so easy sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute, I love the way you have done the ribbons.
I have put a link to your blog on my blogroll as you always have something gorgeous to show us.
Rosie in the UK

veronica said...

love your layout. aren't those challenges just great for ideas?

Donna Baker said...

sweet card!!

Melanie said...

I love everyhing about this card. So sweet with the coors and I love your multiple ribbons! This is such anice example of how you don't have to use the whole giraffe(although you still managed to sneak in a tiny bit of butt!) : Thnaks for sharing your talent!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover