Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 26, 2008

Scoop it up!

With some of my "to dos" cleared off my plate, I just wanted to stamp for the fun of it. I rifled through my stamp cabinet and pulled out Gina K's "How Sweet It Is" stamp set.

This is Gina K's most recent set for Stamps for a Cause. This set benefits The American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. $7.00 of every set sold is divided evenly between these two organizations. And the images are so completely cute to boot!

I think you know by now that, I love sketch challenges. When I saw Jen Del Muro's Sketch for You to Try this past Saturday, I added it directly to my "must do" projects for the week. As usual, her sample was stinkin' adorable!

My Basic Grey Two Scoops paper was sitting on my desk from a project I had just completed, and I thought it would be the perfect companion for the cute slice of cake in the "Sweet" set!


The circles are cut with my nestabilities and I added a quick border of scallops under one panel with my slot punch. To create the little tab on the bottom right hand side, I punched a scrap with my Word Window punch from SU taped that to a piece of saffron scrap and hand cut a mat.

The cake is dusted with dazzling diamonds (don't be a dummy like I was last night and get Dazzling Diamonds in your EYE by accident, ouch!!) and the card is finished off with a little piece of Very Vanilla wide width grosgrain ribbon. Since SU doesn't offer the wide width ribbon in So Saffron, I usually use the vanilla in place, its a nice complement.

If you read Jen's blog, you may have seen this super cute card she created the other day. Well, guess what a lucky girl I am? Today when I trudged down to the mailbox, I was thrilled to see an envelope with Jen's name on the return address! Her coloring is absolutley fantastic (I know, I always laugh when I compliment grownups on their coloring, when I do the same thing around here all day with the daycare kids! It was so nice to get to meet Jen in person in California for CHA after having read her blog for soooo long!

Okay, is this the longest blog post ever? Have a great day everyone!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty!!! thx for playing ;)

Melanie said...

very pretty card! I need to get this set back from a friend I loaned it to so I can play more!!

this post is not too long, havwe you read sopme of mine, talk about going on and on!(blush)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is SO, SO, SO pretty!

Pam Speidel said...

Oh, this is a wonderful sketch that I really do want to try! LOVE your card! The colors, the paper combo, the scalloped edge...perfect! :)

Tricia T said...

Love this card! I'm going to go case it!! :)

Alex said...

Your card is GORGEOUS - totally love that paper you used! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a super cute card!!!! Love the paper and the cake does go perfect with it!! About the long post, have you been to my blog!! I am home all day by myself, so I always ramble on, cause I never talk to anyone!!

Unknown said...

Fun pretty card Jo! Anyone would love to get this!!

Anonymous said...

I so loved this sketch! I still haven't been able to play!

As always, your card is wonderful!

BTW-I still haven't mailed you your goodie box. I'm so behind - hopefully you still luv me though! LOL

Jana Weaver said...

Fabulous card! Love those colors - that 2 scoops paper is just scrumptious!! And fabulous job with your cake...love the shimmer on top!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover