Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 10, 2008

Challenging Friends!

Last night was the Paper Pretties Pajama Party hosted by my friend Charmaine. She offered up three challenges, and let me just say the One Layer Card sure scared the pants off of me. I'm just always so busy with the layers, and embellishments and designer paper that this challenge stopped me in my tracks. However, once I got started, I really enjoyed how quickly my card came together, and although its really simple, I think its cute.

The card base is Paper Trey Ink Stampers Select, and I stamped the mugs from "Look Who's Perky" with my Graphite Black Brilliance ink then colored them in with my Prismacolor pencils. Added a quick border detail with my mat pack and paper piercer, then finished the card off with a quick tie of ribbon from the Noteworthy Collection of Making Memories.

However, the website for some reason was just not cooperating last night. So, I'm posting my One Layer Card over here today instead. Be sure to swing over to Paper Pretties to read about our latest cutie pie Barb Guinan. Barb is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She's a wonderful cheerleader for the Paper Pretties team and I just love the sweet card she made with "Sealed with a Kiss."

Then, my friend Cammie from the Gina K team also posted a challenge for the Gina K launch (tonight!) the challenge is posted over on the Member Company Forum for Gina K on Splitcoast. I'm all for a challenge, but YOWSERS purple? Really Cammie, I thought we were friends! LOL! I'm not a fan of purple and to be honest, I was surprised I could even find anything purple in my box to work with!

I pulled out the new free with three set from Gina K titled "Spring Blooms" - which will be released this evening - and stamped it with Brilliance Graphite Black ink then colored with my prismacolors, Odorless Mineral Spirits and Blenders (that I bought from Gina's online store and totally love! They honestly blend SO much better than what I was using from my local craft store!)

The card base is Celery and I grabbed a scrap of designer paper from the Spring Fling collection for a quick background. The main image was double matted with celery and purple (gag! LOL!) for the color combination. This stamp set comes with lots of possible sentiments, and I thought that this "thanks" fit nicely on the slider die with my Cuttlebug.

I wish that they made a coordinating mat die but I decided that an SU scalloped circle would do the trick and would get a little extra purple (yikes!) into the design. Then I finished off the card with some May Arts polka dot organdy ribbon tying it into the polka dotted background paper.

This challenge is open till tonight at 5pm and one lucky player will win a free Gina K stamp set! Get stampin!!

Seriously though, thanks Cammie and Charmaine for issuing these challenges and taking me right out of my comfort zone! In the end, its good to try new things and see where they take you!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Joanne...your one layer card is stunning! I really love how not being able to rely on layers really forces you to focus on the design more. It's perfect!!

That said, I also love your color challenge card. The purple adds just the right touch of extra color! :-)

Unknown said...

Jo your cards are wonderful!! The no layer card is so cute - love that row of mugs!! And the purple card is so pretty - not gaggy at all!! :) Glad you took the challenge! :)

Lois E. said...

Love your one-layer card! The color challenge one is such a great spring card!

Shannan Teubner said...

These are both gorgeous!! Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Love that one layer! It's great! Purple is always a favorite color of mine! Love 'em both! Thanks for sharing!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Joanne, both of your cards are stunning!!! Isn't it funny how the most simple cards can be the most difficult!! Love the color challenge card!! Thanks for sharing!!

Juanita B said...

These cards are BEAUTIFUL! I love both and I LOVE purple, LOL. You did a wonderful job of coloring them. Your one layer card is fabulous and looks so complete. I love the simplicity of the tulip. TFS.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover