Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 11, 2008

More PTI? You got it!

A few of you on the comments for the Blogaversary Candy post asked for more Paper Trey cards, and you're in luck. I was working on them anyways!

You'll recognize the layout from my last PTI card, but switched up the paper selection and colors. I also added a little "more" to the cards, yet overall kept the same clean design of the card that you apparently liked so much.

The "more" here includes additional matting, distressing the edges of the main panel, grosgrain ribbon and a border of scallops across the bottom of the main panel.

I didn't have any pink ink for this project, but on a recent trip to AC Moore I ran across this Cat's Eye chalk ink that I thought would come in handy. It was a nearly perfect match for SU's Groovy Guava! This color combination makes me think of cherry blossoms. My husband used to live in DC before we were married, and I'll always have fond memories of that beautiful event!


I picked up "Women of Life" last month as I knew it would be put to good use with all the female birthdays in my life!

The stems are stamped in the Perfect Match Spring Moss ink from Paper Trey and the blooms are with my new chalk ink. I bought a box of blooms and buttons from Making Memories (a second box is in my Blogaversary candy givewawy - have you entered? If not scroll down to find it!!) and it is just chock full of buttons.

I've been using them on everything lately. The only problem is that there are very few "matchy" ones. I thought this project was a good excuse to mix and match buttons for a whimsical feel on the flower centers. What do you think? Does it bother you that they don't all match?
Very tired today, launch party madness the last two nights, which is always so much fun, but gets my adrenaline rushing, so that I end up staying up WAY too late carding. However, I got a lot done, so that's good I guess. Off to Dunkin Donuts this morning for some caffeine!!
Have a great day everyone!

15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

Joanne, I love that the buttons don't match. It just adds more depth and character when it's not all matchy-matchy. Great designs!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love the cards! The second one is just adorable, I love that set every time I see it used! And I am with Liz.. The buttons are cute!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful cards Jo!! I LOVE those buttons, they're just so cute!! And way to make a girl jealous tossing DD out there! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jo
LOVE the buttons! Can't wait to see how else you use them!
Audra

Jillabella said...

Oh I love these cards!!!! And what a great use of buttons!!! Ok now I need THAT set too....geez!!! *lol*

Melissa said...

Both of them are SO lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Juanita B said...

WOW, your cards are magnificent!
Did you stamp the background papers on both? It is great the way the pink ink and Groovy Guava go together.
I think the mismatched buttons are gorgeous, since I am a symmetrical person I guess that says a great deal about your card, smile. TFS.

Elizebeth said...

These are both beautiful! And I love your buttons, in fact I'm off to buy some now!!! You can never have enough buttons!

Unknown said...

Such pretty cards Jo! I love the buttons - love them!!! Ok, where can I find them? Everytime I want to use buttons I have none! I love that they don't match! :)

Anonymous said...

All the cards are fabulous ! Just love those sweet little button flowers!! Too adorable!

jjcreations said...

Both of these are wonderful. I love the buttons in the centres of the flowers. Joan

Debbie Olson said...

Joanne, both of these are totally lovely! I've had my buttons pulled out for projects the past few days as well, and the eclectic look adds to the charm, IMO! :-D

Anonymous said...

Totally love both of the cards! I've not used buttons yet. . .even thought I have some. I actually bought them on my own - without a suggestion from you! LOL

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Joanne! I should really ink mine up! Thanks for inspiring me to get going!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both of these are just gorgeous!! I really need to cave and buy some PTI stuff, but I am still holding out!! You aren't helping me be strong though!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover