Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 18, 2008

DinoMite!

If you're here a lot, you know that while I love all things girly, I'm a proud mama to two little boys, so I'm a sucker for anything I can use for fun things for them (and all their little friends too!)

Dino Mite by MFT is a go to for me for boys cards. Actually, I've even used it for a cute girl card before! I've been dying to play along in the MFT weekly sketch challenge, and since I had a card to make for an upcoming party, it was a great excuse to play!

The image was stamped on my Cryogen White cardstock with brilliance black ink. I watercolored with (you guessed it, my new favorite technique) watercolor crayons and an aquapainter.

I used Old Olive and Really Rust crayons, along with Sahara Sand for the background around the dino. The cupcake in the set comes with only one candle, but I stamped some extras to attach to the cupcake for our friends third little birthday.

I created some coordinating designer paper using a piece of Old Olive cardstock, my versamark pad and the cupcake stamp.

You probably can't see it here, but I copy catted Cammie's little fringie technique on the kraft layer across the front of the card. This was so fun to work on!

I peeked over at this week's sketch challenge, and as always, looks fun, and the samples are ahh-mazing already. But, I've got a pretty full schedule this week, so I'm not sure I'll get to it. But, if I wake up tomorrow morning with a card design in my head (which, surprisingly isn't that unusual...) I might get to squeak one in!!
Have a great day!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!! And so great with that sketch! I especially love the fringe...and may have to copy that idea myself! :-)

Jillabella said...

Ok this is just too adorable! Ya know, I've had my eye on that set for a while, and now my nephew is turning 3 this year so I believe it's time to move past the froggies & teddy bears and start creating stuff more to his current liking...like Dino's!!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Soooo stinkin cute! Love it!

Juanita B said...

Wonderful card! I love the colors and techniques you used. Everything you did ads a special touch without looking busy. Great work, TFS.

Carolyn King said...

This is so cute! Love the colors, your amazing watercoloring and the fringe detail! Awesome card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable boy card, Joanne! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Too Cute!

I have a question, did you get the neturals in the watercolor crayons or just the other families? I have them all except the Neturals and trying to find out if I need them?

Thanks so much - Karen P

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

jjcreations said...

He is very sweet....His wee little party hat makes me laugh!!! Joan

Anonymous said...

The card is darling - off to buy that set. . .darn you! LOL

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!! We are over run with girls here, so I have no need for that set, but hopefully someday!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover