Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 18, 2008

DinoMite!

If you're here a lot, you know that while I love all things girly, I'm a proud mama to two little boys, so I'm a sucker for anything I can use for fun things for them (and all their little friends too!)

Dino Mite by MFT is a go to for me for boys cards. Actually, I've even used it for a cute girl card before! I've been dying to play along in the MFT weekly sketch challenge, and since I had a card to make for an upcoming party, it was a great excuse to play!

The image was stamped on my Cryogen White cardstock with brilliance black ink. I watercolored with (you guessed it, my new favorite technique) watercolor crayons and an aquapainter.

I used Old Olive and Really Rust crayons, along with Sahara Sand for the background around the dino. The cupcake in the set comes with only one candle, but I stamped some extras to attach to the cupcake for our friends third little birthday.

I created some coordinating designer paper using a piece of Old Olive cardstock, my versamark pad and the cupcake stamp.

You probably can't see it here, but I copy catted Cammie's little fringie technique on the kraft layer across the front of the card. This was so fun to work on!

I peeked over at this week's sketch challenge, and as always, looks fun, and the samples are ahh-mazing already. But, I've got a pretty full schedule this week, so I'm not sure I'll get to it. But, if I wake up tomorrow morning with a card design in my head (which, surprisingly isn't that unusual...) I might get to squeak one in!!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover