Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 1, 2008

Pretty Pink Hope

If you've liked all my clean and simple cards lately, well this one is a departure from that style. LOL!

When I read that a friend's mother was having surgery, I knew exactly what card I wanted to send. I've had the idea for it since I bought the Illuminations set back in September, but hadn't yet had the occasion to need to actually create it. I created this card twice, as I thought both the mother and daughter could use a little support...
The card base is Kraft, and then I used my Berry Bliss paper and Pretty in Pink cardstock for the layers. I've been sewing anything that doesn't move too fast for me to stick it under the presser foot of my Janome and give it a whirl. I've also been crazy with the distressing tool lately because I love the soft chenille looking edge it creates on the cardstock.
While you can't see it here, the sentiment "Hope" is stamped in Pretty in Pink then embossed with clear embossing powder. What I really wanted was the Taffeta Pretty in Pink ribbon from SU - but rats, I was out of stock.
I like clean and simple, but I also like to go a little crazy with the layers. My friend and SU Upline attended a workshop at my home this fall and was astounded that I was adding yet another layer into my cards! Thus, my out of control scrap pile on my desk. I really need to go clean that up and do some filing, but stamping really is way more fun.

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS Joanne! So glad to be catching up on my blog reading! You're creations are stunning!

Unknown said...

Very ver pretty! I'm sure they will love the! Man do I need on of those Janomes (my big machine is just such a bother!) :)

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful card Jo....LOVE it! And I'm sure both your friend and her mom will to. And, congrats on your big news!! LOVE your other cutie patootie card over on Jen's blog!

Try to stay warm...spring really is coming! :-)

Anonymous said...

Joanne, just wanted you to know that yours it the first blog I check every day...my very favorite out of about 100!!! I love your style. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. I sure wish some of it would rub off on me. You should show some new pictures of your little guys. I've really enjoyed hearing about them in the past. Crystal N

Corie said...

This is just so pretty-- love it

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover