Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 12, 2008

That's Mine!

The other day, I showed a sample of the "What's In Your Tin 2" set from Gina K Designs and made a little tin purse. I also wanted to show you a quick, and yes, totally EASY project using a mini composition notebook instead of an altoid tin!
You can pick these up super cheaply at walmart and I just so happened to have one on hand the other day. I just knew that my eldest would love having a little notebook for drawings in the card, or up in his room. And anything that he can personalize he loves because "That's Mine" and "I want that!" are the most frequently heard comments in my home!

I had some leftover scraps of Scenic Route paper in his favorite colors that was just the right size for this book. To begin, I traced the front and back covers onto the scrap paper. Remember, trace onto the backside of the paper with the book face down (like the letters I showed you last week) then trim it out so that your pencil marks won't show.

I adhered the front and back covers first with my SU Greeting Glue, smoothed out all the bubbles and set it aside to dry before tackling the spine.

I then cut a coordinating piece of designer paper for the spine. I just held a piece around to gauge the width I think it was 2.5 inches wide and measured the height to be the same as the cover pieces. I adhered the greeting glue just to the edges and applied it to the spine, and held it a moment to let the glue set. I then added a quick strip of black grosgrain ribbon over the seam.

To create the personalized label, I just inked up the border of my choice (there are two in each of the sets) and stamped it on designer paper. Then I inked up the sentiment, stamped that inside the border and trimmed out the label. I then taped it to a piece of solid black cardstock and hand cut a small mat all the way around.

Let me tell you, my son literally ripped this from my hands as soon as he saw it and it is now proudly occupying a space next to his bed.
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover