Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 14, 2008

Hippy Returns

I was so excited when an order for a few baby cards came my way. What a wonderful excuse to bring out the Hippy's and play!

This stamp set is "Just so Hippy" from Gina K Designs, which was illustrated by Melanie. If you don't already read her blog, get on over there! She has tons of really helpful hints and clever ways to extend your stamp sets. She's so stinkin' clever.
Okay, this is a color combination I'm totally stuck on lately, and don't you think its sweet for baby cards? Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla and Close to Cocoa.

Clearly I made this card last week before I busted my bug as it has my cherished "swiss dots" embossing folder. (Um which is now stuck in my bug, and somewhere over the US in a DHL plane headed back to provo craft - sniff sniff)

I stamped the giraffe twice and trimmed out just the back legs and behind to bump it out one level for a little added dimension. (um, an idea I got from Melanie!!) The whole thing is colored with my copic markers and I have to say, I love doing that, so relaxing!

I just couldn't fool with the front to add a sentiment, I loved it all clean like this.... so instead, I added some coordinating balloons and the sentiment to the inside of the card. The sentiment is actually from "How Sweet it Is" from Gina K Designs. This stamp set benefits both the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. $7.00 of every set sold is divided evenly between these two organzations.
While I'm on the topic of Gina K, the next release party will be this coming Sunday, Sptil 20th! We will be having a release party on Splitcoast Stampers in the Member Company Forum 7:00PM- 10:00PM. Then, the new goodies be live in the store at 10:00 PM. Hope to see you there!

Have a great day everyone!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Cute card! I like how you stamped the inside to! Glad to hear your bug issue was fixed - how awesome when a company stands behind their product!

Kira said...

Absolutely adorable! Very fun baby card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How adorable! Do you know I have yet to ink up this giraffe? I'm so hooked on the hippo! LOL

Melanie said...

stuck in the bug, oh my!! well, good to know there's a way to fix it just in case!!
This is SOOOOO cute!

Melanie said...

PS LOVE the way you did the balloons and greeting inside! :)

Linsey R said...

how precious, Joanne! This giraffe and the balloons on the inside are so perfect for beautiful baby cards! I love it! So, your swiss dots got stuck in your CB, huh--what a little bugger! Sorry for that :( hope it's back in working shape asap! Lord knows we all need our bugs, hehe! hugs~

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover