Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 15, 2008

Bubbly Mojo

A sketch that needs playing, some stamps that need inking, new paper that hasn't been cut yet! Oh man!

This stamp set "Time for the Bubbly" is one of my all time favorite My Favorite Things images, but can you believe I didn't actually have it until quite recently.

The Mojo Monday sketch for this week was just perfect for this image, and then lo and behold, my Blue Hill Crate Paper arrived from eclectic Paperie (thanks girls!)


The image was stamped onto Cryogen White paper with my Brilliance Black ink and I set it aside to dry while I worked on all my matting layers.

The carstock used here is Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel. The two blush panels are stamped with linen background from SU then all the blush mats are paper pierced.

Once the ink was set, I colored in with my Copics adding some sakura stardust to the mirror and the bubbles for some shine. The mirror frame was stamped with creamy caramel then trimmed out and added into place with my quickie glue pen.

I added a layer of shine to the mirror with my Diamond Glaze and left it overnight to dry before assembling the full card.

My bathroom is nowhere near as luxurious as this. In fact, right now it is harboring lots of bath toys and hooded towels for the boys. Maybe this is what my bathroom can look like in, oh another 20 years, but a girl can dream right?

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great card, Joanne! And I know what you mean about your bathroom. . .in fact, that's my house. Always toys laying around somewhere! LOL

Unknown said...

Beautiful Joanne! LOVE the colors and the pretty paper! I only dream about having that luxury again someday! :)

jjcreations said...

Very beautiful card. Love it. Joan

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne! Calgon, take me away!

Melissa said...

Fabulous Joanne! Makes me wish I could relax with a glass of wine and a bubble bath! :)

Many Blessings,
M.

Donna Baker said...

oooh, this tub looks so luscious! yea, my bathroom doesn't look that nice either...we have our cats litterbox in there!

Anonymous said...

I love this set too! Still haven't inked it! I've missed you! Session is about to do me in. . .I promise to be back soon! Don't give up on me!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, I love what you did to the mirror! The pink bathroom reminds me of my grandma's bathroom, decorated in the 70's? But yours is a more modern version! Your card is wonderful!

Dawn Easton said...

Joanne, this is beautiful! You did a fab job with the colouring and that DP is yummy!!! I don't own this stamp set but really must get it soon!

Jillabella said...

oooh lovin that new paper!!!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just exquisite. Love the way you highlighted the mirror.

Anonymous said...

I love your color combo, I don't think I have put those 2 together before. I'll have to try it now.

http://thoughtsnthreads.blogspot.com/

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the piercing!!!! I don't have kids, and my bathroom isnt that fabulous either, I guess I need to do it now, before I get kids!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is wonderful!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover