Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 4, 2008

Sketch Challenge Addiction

I read on the Gina K Member Company forum that Gina was the host of this weeks CPS Sketch of the week so I bopped on over to check it out, and what a FUN sketch. Yes, I'm addicted to card sketches, its such a quick jump on a project. And, I love seeing how everyone can look at the same diagram in so many versatile ways!

If you pop over there, you'll see that all the CPS designers are working with the current "Free with 3" set titled Spring Blooms. They have so many great examples.

Once I saw the sketch, I knew it had to be on my to do list for the week. The only question was which of my many Gina K sets would I use. I chose Heartfelt Hits for the job and found some blush blossom cardstock on my desk.

See, its a good thing I keep a messy desk, project ideas are right at my fingertips, literally. LOL!



This stamp is SO easy to work with, all you've got to do is select a dress color, fill in her hair, their faces and voila! I colored with my Copic Markers and then used Jen's tip of swooshing around your sakura stardust pen with an aquapainter for a quick and mess free soft glitter effect on the dress.

Yes, the buttons again. The sketch called for something, and yes, I'm on a button craze lately, that Making Memories collection I purchased is just chock full of them and I'm getting used to things maybe not matching all the time.

The sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink's Mixed Messages set. A true go to for me. My little guy was climbing all over me as I was trying to tuck the sentiment on an already finished card (always a dicey choice.... leave it alone or risk ruining it.) but the sentiment was just the right size, I held my breath, wished for the best and phew, I didn't blow it! Phew.

Its raining and cold today. I was going to head to my LSS to stock up on some paper for an upcoming DT project, but I'm going to be brave, and for a change work with all existing materials for the project. It really is quite obscene how much paper I already own, so I'm sure I can come up with something for the job using what I've got. Right??

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Michelle said...

A very classy, elegant card.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne! LOVE that Cuttlebug folder on this. . .it gives it such a soft, pretty touch!

Lea L. said...

That card is beautiful! I love the embossed dots, and the wedding image is gorgeous! Great job on sketch 58!

Have a great day!
~Lea

Unknown said...

Lovely card! I love that image! :)

jjcreations said...

Beautiful card....I love the image. Joan

Melissa said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Many Blessings,
M.

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!
Laura

Linsey R said...

totally gorgeous card, Joanne! I love this sketch turned into a lovely wedding theme and those buttons with the swiss dots coordinate just beautifully!

Nancy Riley said...

Classy and elegant! WOW! I just love the swiss dots background and the row of buttons! You have such a wonderful way a masterpiece out of making a simple sketch! I just adore your work, Joanne!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous and elegant!! I love the buttons!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover