Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 29, 2008

Neighbors!

Today is finally the day! My friend Sarah, her husband and two sweet boys are moving into our neighborhood, practically across the street!

Sarah and I met the spring of our freshman year in college and we lived together all through college. After graduation, we shared an apartment in the city. We met our husbands at the same time, were in each others weddings, and our eldest boys are about 8 weeks apart.

My eldest is overjoyed at the thought of having his little buddy so close. But he's not nearly as excited as I am. Welcome welcome my friend! I'm SO excited! I'll be by with a bottle of bubbly to celebrate later today!

What a fantastic excuse to stamp something! This Scenic Route paper has been in my collection since before Christmas. I picked myself up the scalloped rectangle nesties at Polka Dot Plaza and I'm just loving them. I swear, since my bug was returned to me from ProvoCraft I've been obsessed with the thing - I'm so glad its back!!

The images are those fun owls from Gina K Designs. This birdie is stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, then I colored in with my Copic Markers. The cardbase itself is pretty dark, so I finished it off with a piece of vanilla cardstock and a piece of the designer paper inside (I think you can see a snippet of it inside) and added the sentiment "Congratulations on your new nest" and a little strip of the designer paper to dress it up.

Have a great day everyone!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

Wow that is wonderful news for you and your family. Just love the card - so adorable. Love the paper inside. :)

Kathy W said...

I did not know Sarah was moving into your neighborhood!!! so much fun

Marie said...

This is adorable and I love the touch of also putting paper on the inside. Too cute!!

Jennifer Buck said...

What a beauty this is! Congrats to you! How awesome to have an old friend nearby! Take care! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

How lucky to have your friend move so close!! Love the card!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how fun! You and your friend will have so much fun. . .does she stamp too? Adorable card!

Danisha said...

I love this owl!! I think I am going to have to get it.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover