Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 8, 2008

Sending some comfort...


When the unfortunate moment arrives when you need to send a sympathy card, its nice to have a stamp set with just the right sentiments included.

As soon as the call came in, I knew exactly what stamp set I'd be reaching for "Comfort and Peace" from Gina K Designs.


I had some scraps of Stampin Up Ginger Blossom paper handy and I thought they would be warm, yet subtle enough for this project. The card is a 5 1/4 square base of Ruby Red cardstock and I used my Stampin Up Many Marvelous Markers in Ruby Red and Old Olive direct to the stamp, huffed to re-moisten the ink, and then stamped the image onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.

I thought about adding some stitching with my sewing machine, or paper piercing, but what I really wanted to do was get this card right out in the mail as soon as possible.

Have a good day everyone, its raining here again today. So dreary.

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Marisa said...

Love this card! Great colours and the stamp is great...you may be enabling me for this one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I just bought this set too, it's perfect. ~Julie

Dottie K. said...

This is such a lovely card. Great colors.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Joanne - the red is so pretty! Thinking of you today . . . we're making one of your little card folios in my stamping group tomorrow! :)

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card!!

jjcreations said...

This is very nice. I like the colours and your paper selections. Joan

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE this, Joanne! Just beautiful!

Elizebeth said...

This is oh so pretty!

Marie said...

This is a beautiful card. TFS

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Love the card and the sentiment is so pretty!

Mia said...

Very, very classy card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover