Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 25, 2008

Challenged

About two years ago, I signed up for a six month club with a friend of mine who is a Stampin Up demonstrator.  I joined more for the night out than for the actual stamping.....  I became adept at replicating her designs each month to complete my own pages, and would buy my minimum order, which would promptly sit there unused.  I knew how to copy her designs, but was baffled as to what I'd do with stamps of my own.  

To try to put all that spending to work, I decided I'd do at least one challenge weekly on Splitcoast.  I wanted to get outside my comfort zone and try new things. 

My collection grew, and quickly, as I'd see that I didn't have any of the colors ever selected for the weekly color challenges.  Sketch challenges were, and still are... my favorite one to play along because then I could see what stamp in my ever growing collection might be just right for the "assignment."

But as I've become busier and busier with custom card orders, and design team projects, I seem to have fallen off the Splitcoast Wagon.  But I'm back with gusto this week.  I'm LOVING playing along in the Dare to Be Dirty challenges this week.  Hey, a girl can dream right?  

Its been so fun to try new things each day again, and to look at each project as a real challenge, a puzzle to be solved.... and I love looking at the galleries to see how each of us tackle the challenge so differently.  

I've been on a Gina K postapalooza enjoying all the new rubbah for last night's launch - were you there?  Its always SO fun!! But, I couldn't let my My Favorite Things stamps go too long without usage... 'cause I just love them!

The little Dirty Piggy card was made with "Punny Farm" for Holly's (aka Toy's) challenge on Thursday.  

The second card using "Rain or Shine" (ahem, maybe my most favorite MFT set yet.....)  is for the 40th week of sketch challenges on the MFT Member Company forum and also was made for Jody's Dare to Be Dirty challenge on Monday.  

You can find all the Dare to be Dirty challenges over here - but you'll only be able to access the page if you are a Splitcoast Fan club member. Totally worth it IMHO!  

So far, I've only missed one of these Splitcoast challenges this week, and that's only because I don't own any vellum paper.  I'll be rectifying that today so that I can play along! 

Have a fantastic weekend! I'll be back on Sunday with a green post, then a few more cards from the Gina K release later next week!  


5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Stephanie Hargis said...

Both of these cards are fantastic! I will agree that the Rain or Shine set is probably my favorite too! Great job!

((hugs))

Rachel said...

I love the little pig card! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

just found your blog from Melanie's and I want say how much I like your blog and love your designs! What I love about them is their simplicity!
peggyann

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful cards!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful, Joanne! I LOVE that Rain or Shine set too. . .and you make it even more fabulous with your creations!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover