Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 24, 2008

Little Tees - Hers and Mine

Is it me, or has this week just FLOWN by? Tonight is the night, Gina K will be launching four new sets over on the Member Company Forum.  Today I'm thrilled to have two fun cards using Melanie's newest set titled "Little Tees" 

I've been having a LOT of fun playing in all the Dare to Be Dirty challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers this week, and was thrilled that Julie HRR (if  you didn't know, that stands for Her Royal Rubberness!!) posted a challenge to make a clean and simple card with a lot of white space. 

That used to terrify me, but now I find it really fun.  Imagine how thrilled I was that my card got a JulieHRR "THUD"(If you're on splitcoast, you know what I'm talkin' about!!) I giggled and jumped around in my kitchen with glee!  

This card I made with my bestie in mind Meri. Sweetheart, I hope you don't mind that I'm callin you out as a diva.  This girl can be counted on to have on something snazzy and stylish and be carrying a bag to match at any given moment of the day.  Me on the other hand, I'm usually in a polo shirt and capri pants.  Usually with a ponytail, quite often, with a Red Sox baseball cap to boot.  

I had the idea to make this Diva Shirt for her as soon as I saw the stamp set.  Because I couldn't get black ink to come out crisp enough (um, it was the ink's fault, not the stamp --- I need some reinkers for my stamp pads!!) I decided to stamp the image of the shirt on black paper, then embossed it for some added detail and trimmed it out.  I stamped DIVA with white craft ink and then embossed that as well.  I found these fun rhinestones at Stampology in Chicago just with this shirt in mind.  

So, if my bestie is a Diva, what shirt represents me?  Well a Polo Shirt wasn't in the stamp set.... but this is the closest thing to me in the set I'd say....

I stamped the same t-shirt onto a piece of Crate Paper's Blue Hill collection, and hung it out on a piece of Hemp Twine.  The little tag reads "Lets Hang Out" ....just love that sentiment!!  It is on a Cuttlebug Tiny Tag die on chipboard and then hung off of a piece of wide width grosgrain ribbon tied in a bow. 

You'll just love the variety of options in this set.  Mel is so good about making sure you all get the most for your money, and this stamp set is no exception!  So many fun flexible options!  Just WAIT till you see them all.

To see more with this super fun set, be sure to check Gina's blog.  You'll also find more samples from: 

Julie Koerber

Barba Schram

Last but not least, don't forget to join us over on the Gina K Member Company forum TONIGHT from 7pm to 10pm Central Time.  As always Gina will be there (as well as many of us from the DT with questions, challenges, giveaways and project samples too!) Hope to see you there!

21 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barbara Schram said...

Great card Joanne! I can't think of a better compliment than a Julie HRR "Thud"!

Linsey R said...

Joanne, these are both really fabulous!

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable Jo...these are AWESOME!! Can't wait to get this set myself!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Super cute, Joanne! Loving these tees!!! Ditto what HRR said!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Both of these are sooo adorable! I love your diva shirt especially! Awesome! I'm gonna do a 'me' tshirt too soon, lol!

Diana said...

I'm a t shirt gal too. can't wait to get this set.

Melanie said...

This was the cutest idea to show you two, they are both fantastic!! (The Juilei thud does rock, thanks for turnbing her head (dropping her jaw?) for me with my stamps hee hee!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

hahahhaahah....thanks Jo!! And you know I take it as a compliment!!

love you and love the cards! SUPER CUTE!!

XOXOXO

Unknown said...

totally cute Joanne! I love that first one - the black and the bling - perfect!

emilymomto3boys said...

You know that first one is one of my all-time favorites - those are my favorite colors!

Angie Tieman said...

Super cards! I see why you got a "thud", most deserving!

Julie Koerber said...

a DAH-ling diva card! The bling, the ribbon and scallops-- ooo LA LA! And - your tee? Down to earth and fab! FUN stuff Joanne!

Lee said...

Hi Joanne!!! Wow!!! I'm totally in love with these FABulous Tees!!!! I love your Diva shirt.....embossing it is so coooooool!!!! And so is the bling, of COURSE!!! LOL And what a sweet shirt in blue........oy vey!!! Another enabler with more dp??! Oh the dangers..........and JOYS........of blog-hopping!!! heehee See you tonite at the party!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute cards!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Both of these cards are just fabulous Joanne! I am really loving these new tee stamps! I can't wait to see the whole set!

Jess said...

Joanne, I LOVE your DIVA card! It is soooo fabulous!

Monica said...

Joanne you are so creative and I LOVE coming to your blog everyday to see your work!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, these tee cards couldn't be any cuter!

Debbie Olson said...

Joan, these are great! I love that black Diva tee--too cool!

Debbie Olson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Olson said...

Can you tell that I'm having posting issues tonight? :-D Seriously, I have NO idea how I ended up typing "Joan" instead of "Joanne!" I'm sitting here with my laptop (and a boy wanting to climb into my lap and displace the laptop) and still trying to get used to its keyboard. . . Still, LOVED the tees, and congrats on the "thud!" ;-D

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover