Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 23, 2008

Cracked the Glass......

I have another preview using the "Flowers for Daisy" set that will be released this coming Thursday from Gina K Designs.  One of the Dirty Dare 08 challenges yesterday was for a masculine card, while I wouldn't put the flowers on a card for a man, I would say that the verses are equally suitable to either gender.  

I've been wanting to try the Cracked Glass technique ever since Shannan used it on a Unity card a few weeks ago. What a neat technique. All you need is some Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun.  I used my Ranger Distress Ink to deepen the Very Vanilla cardstock before applying all those layers of Clear EP.  All the edges of the card are distressed with my Tonic Edge distressing tool. 

I **wish** I still had some twill tape around for this card, but the striped ribbon was my backup.  I know, not so much ribbon on a guy card, but this is subtle eh?  

Don't forget to hop on over to Gina's blog to see the TWO latest stamp set that she's previewing today. Blurfing around, you'll also see some rockin' samples from Asela Hopkins, Melanie Muenchinger, Emily GiovanniLinsey RickettKurtis AmundsonErika Martin and Faith Hofrichter.

Have a great day everyone!

 

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Amy said...

this is manly and fabulous!

Hugs,
Amy

Taylor said...

Beautiful, Joanne! I love the background you created with the leafy stamp! It was great seeing you at CHA... I'm still exhausted too!

Shannan Teubner said...

Totally gorgeous!

Carolina said...

What an beautiful card!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is fabulous Joanne! I love the cracked glass technique and it looks amazing with this verse! Great job!

((hugs))

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover