Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 22, 2008

Fun at CHA!

I was so busy taking it all in, and laughing, that I forgot to pull out my camera  --- unlike some people I was hanging with --- Kirsten I swear I'm not provoking you, but "Can I take your picture?" giggle.  Lucky for me, Carole sent me this one of the gang.....

In the top row you'll see CammieAlma (the Cat's Pajama's Lady)LauraDebMichelleKimthe front row is Me, Carole and Kirsten.  I spent my days walkin the floor with these girls fromMFT (and Kim's friend Jamie, who is somehow missing in this picture....)  I laughed till my sides hurt, we joked that it was actually great ab work!  Maybe that will account for the french fry dinner and all those extra liquid calories?? 

If you know me in real life,  you know that there is one thing I'm not, and that's quiet. Well apparently I had Mel fooled online, and even on good behavior, I think I frightened her a bit?? wink.....  I'll just have to make up for it with some extra samples with her uber cute new set coming out later this week from Gina K Designs!  My picture came out all blurry, but she got a good one - so I swiped hers.  

I'm also swiping one from Gina,  who really is just as sweet as you'd imagine, and hysterically funny.  This picture is me, Gina, Michelle and Melanie.  I'm so lucky to have two totally fantastic "bossladies" in Kim and Gina!  

While not my bosslady, Alma is such a sweetheart and a fun roomate (although, something tells me she'd be a super fabulous boss lady as well) - we had lots of fun chatting with each night about the classes she took each day, and the fun product giveaways..... In addition to the super cute sets she gave me (hey rooming with Alma has great perks!!) I also picked up some new The Cat's Pajama's stamps at Stampology a fantastic store a few miles from our hotel that invited us over for pizza, drinks and of course, shopping!  

While I was at the store, I met Brandin from Webster's Pages. She and I laughed so hard and enjoyed some really tasty deep dish pizza!  Their new papers are truly luscious and beautiful.  I was drooling over the samples in their booth!  Who's ordering because I need some!!!
 
I was just tickled pink to meet my bloggin' pal Jennifer Buck totally adorable and super nice - this may be the only existing photo of her without a tiara on! ;-)  Jennifer and I "met" through a Gina K swap a few months ago!  Jennifer was working over at the Unity Booth - which was so super cute by the way and loaded with new stamps for me to buy!!  

Debbie Olson, who in addition to being a totally fabulously talented artist, is one of the sweetest and most humble people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Kirsten and I grabbed her for a picture - she'd been sitting at that Copic booth for four straight hours coloring.   

While at the Copic booth, we picked 
up some really fun tips from Colorin' Kate that I'm looking forward to practicing next week when I get to work on my latest samples for My Favorite Things!!

After several of us pestered Eric from Cosmo Cricket about our "need" for 6x6 or 8x8 paper pads, I stopped by on Sunday to see if I could help unload any "extra" paper they might have.  He and his wife are just really cool people...and I'm not just saying that because I got samples of all THREE of their newly released papers!!  Psssst...  you'll soon be seeing all three of the latest paper lines with my upcoming DT samples for Gina K and My Favorite Things - I'm really excited to dig into them.  (I'm down to only two of the new lines though, as I gave my Mr Campy to Jamie because someone LIFTED THEM!! Who does that?)  

I love when the companies I love to purchase from are represented by wonderful people, that makes me even happier to continue buying their products! 

What a whirlwind trip, it was so nice to see friends, make new ones and of course, check out lots of EYE CANDY on the show floor!  For all the people I mentioned and showed on this post, it doesn't even scratch the surface of all the people I met or caught up with at the show!  What a weekend, thanks girls (you too Kurtis!!)  

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sew Club said...

First of all, do you REALLY want to pick on the person who has the funniest picture of ALL of you??? ;)
Secondly, WHO the heck lifted her Mr. Campy paper??? Not me, I swear! I worked hard for my own set! LOL
And lastly, your first picture isn't showing up, and I'm dying for that one because that's the ONE picture that I don't have! :) :)

Jennifer Buck said...

Oh my sweet friend! I cannot tell you how excited I am that we finally got to meet IRL! You are just amazing! ...they should schedule one of these for us to just hang out with each other! There just wasn't enough time to chat! Hope you are doing well! :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Can't see the group pic -- let me know if you need to resend. Wasn't it fun?!?! Can't wait until February to see you again, girlfriend. I love ya!!!

Jana Weaver said...

Looks like you had a TON of fun!! You better be heading to Anaheim in January because I'm totally planning on being there, baby attached and all! I told Christie we'd have the best draw to our booth...a real live baby for all these crafting women to coo over! ;-) I don't wanna have to wait until I get to New England next summer to meet up!!!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had such a great time Jo!! I am just GREEN with envy my friend!!!! ;) We need to chat so I can get all the "inside" scoop!! :) Glad you had fun!

Amber (bambi64) said...

Sorry I missed out on the group picture. That's what i get for hanging with my mom ;) Lucky you getting goodies on Sunday! We found out AFTER we got home that we could have stayed for Sunday too!! Go figure!! Was great meeting you and sharing laughs. Even though I didn't get in the Tim Holtz picture, I'll always remember the fun of it!! lol

Carolyn King said...

You are exactly as I thought you would be---my sides still hurt from laughing so much!!! What a cutie you are.

Hugs and LOVE! Cannot wait till we all meet again!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover