Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 27, 2008

Getting Green at CHA


Sorry I missed last Sunday's post.  I am without a laptop right now, it died, and we're sharing the family desktop.  Given the state of affairs with the economy and what not, it wasn't a great time to drop a chunk of change on a laptop.  Besides, travelling to Chicago without laptop lightened the load a little, and every little bit helps right? I tried my best to be a good green girl by packing only what I really needed on the trip..... no big bulky suitcases, just a small (okay, I fess up... medium) roll a board and a shoulder carry on.  

And then, I made a few fun green and papercrafting finds at the show....

The first is that Clearbags now has a line of products which are biodegradable ad made from corn!  These bags are both certified biodegradable and compostable.  Now, mind you, this is just a start, and they still have many of their standard products, but hooray for a good start right?

However, I was so excited when I saw this display over at the K and Company Booth.   The Amy Butler line has a new addition called Lotus.  I'm a huge fan of the details in all the Amy Butler products, but now, this line is printed with soy ink, and packaged in recycled materials - 100% post consumer waste!  

They also showed the Remake line.  I've heard that this has already been available to some of my friends through their local stores, but I haven't yet seen it at a store near me.  This is another recycled line from K&Co, but this line is more of the essentials, basics collection.  While personally the Lotus collection is more my speed, I think its truly fabulous that they're offering an eco product.

At their booth, for a five dollar donation, we received a reusable shopping tote and a t-shirt as well.  But, more importantly, that money is all being used to plant trees in Kansas City, for families that have received homes from Habitat for Humanity.

If you're interested in donating to the fund to help plant trees and would like to read more about the "Preserve Your Memories. Preserve your Earth."  program click here.

2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melanie said...

her cool, how did I mis that?(Ps did you get my pm about the green magazine issue?)

Lee said...

Oh how cool!!! I love seeing new products like these!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover