Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 22, 2008

Gettin Spooky....

Right at Home now has all the fun Cosmo Cricket "Haunted" line in stock - paper, stamps and ribbons too! I got to play around with it a little this past week.  This was a fun little set to work on and really has me in the Halloween spirit.  Now if only I could get my kids to settle on ONE costume each....

This first little altered tin I was thinking would be cute with those candy corn pumpkins - I haven't seen them in stores yet, just peeps and candy corn.  I stamped the tag with Memento Tangelo ink and then sponged everything with Distress Ink to age it. 

If you can believe it, I made a card with no stamping --- gasp!  The little pumpkins on the designer paper were adorable and I just loved the way they looked all on their own.  hard to see, but all the panels are stitched here...

This project was such a tease for my boys! It was so hard to keep them away from the peeps. They are most certainly not organic, which we let slide this week, because they are in fact a safe candy for their allergies.  and that, is becoming harder and harder to find... besides, Peeps make for a GREAT bribe to get them to eat dinner!  

This wallet o' peeps holds a cello bag of pumpkins tied closed with this fun skeleton ribbon, and the holder itself is held closed with magnetic snaps.  

Its just a modified version of the treat holder that Cammie showed recently... I just switched up my dimensions to hold the peep bag.......

The last item is a kraft takeout box that I covered with a band of the Haunted paper, matted with black cardstock and then all the edges were sewn up.  The band is then closed up with an oval nestie.  To really age this, I stamped it on vanilla paper, then sponged everything with distress ink.  Then went a step further to crack the glass.... I coated it with embossing powder four times, heating it each time, and then set it in the freezer for a half hour.  Afterwards, a little bending and crack... this fun aged look.  

Hope this gets all the shoppers at Right at Home into the Halloween "project mood".  

Have a great day!




5 Comments    Post a Comment:

jonisart said...

All of these projects are so so cute! Halloween looks like a fun time over at your house;-)

Jody Morrow said...

WOW! I LOVE all your Halloween goodies. :) I keep buying the candy for my goodies, but then it disappears before I can make anything with it! LMBO!

Alma de la Rosa said...

GAH-geeous!

These look great!

Angie Tieman said...

WOW! These projects are AMAZING!! I am drooling over here in Dallas, bigtime!

Lisa H. said...

what adorable projects! I love that pumpkin card. TFS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover