Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 3, 2008

Week of Previews Continue!

What's better than one of my favorite companies having previews this week? How about BOTH of my favorite companies having previews this week!  You should just SEE what my stamping area looks like... check that, maybe you'd better not even think about it, its a disaster!!

I've got two Gina K Designs previews for you today, also don't forget that tonight is the big release - and I mean HUGE - over at My Favorite Things.  

First to the previews.....

This set is titled Spooky Silhouettes and its just perfect for techniques.  I'm sure blurfing around today you're going to see it used lots of different ways.  I'll admit, I'm always nervous to try a technique rather than go with something that I'm used to and comfortable with. 

That being said, when I saw this stamp set, I knew I wanted to challenge myself to try something out of the ordinary for me.  So, I've got two samples, one that is all "techniquey" and one that shows you can also make a very straightforward card without digging into the supplies for your heat gun and embossing powder. 

The first, is my technique card.  I stamped the house first with a layer of Versamark, then added black ink, stamped to Whisper White paper and then clear embossed with my heat gun.  I also stamped the moon in plain Versamark and heat embossed with clear.  

Using my reinkers and a sponge, I applied Really Rust ink to the top half and Old Olive to the bottom portion.  Then to blend the ink more, I softened some of the edges with my aquapainter.  Once I was happy with the inking, I wiped the moon and house with a papertowel to remove any ink sitting on top of the embossed images. 

I added a layer of ripped and distressed old olive cardstock and some scraps of Cosmo Cricket "Haunted" paper then added a card base of Basic Grey cardstock and another piece of the Haunted paper for the main card matting.  Finished off with some scrap ribbon from my ginormous box o ribbon scraps!  The kids today said "oooh..... spookey" when they saw me photographing it, so mission accomplished!

The second card is my technique free card.  Quick and easy!!  I stamped the "Trick or Treat" all over a piece of Basic Grey cardstock for a matting. 

Then I stamped the house silhouette with versamark onto another piece and  clear embossed quickly.  The card is finished off with some designer paper from some new 6x6 packs that Gina is adding to her store this week!   Now, I dove into the aforementioned ginormous box o ribbon scraps and couldn't find a single piece of black ribbon.  Huh?  A-ha, Copic Markers to the rescue.  I dug out a piece of River Rock double stitched ribbon and with a quick swipe of my marker, had black stitched grosgrain ribbon! 

To see more samples of this set, as well as the other set that's also being previewed today, be sure to check out the following blogs:
 
Gina (of course!!) Kurtis, Cammie, Jessica, Melanie, and Emily

------------------------

Don't forget!! 

The New Release Cocktail party for My Favorite Things is tonight!  Wednesday, Sept. 3 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. This month there are SIX new sets being released, plus one from a new line at MFT: BCDzyns.*The Girl Who Wants It All special for the The September Collection, which is one of each set being released (except for the BCDzyns set) is $58.95.

Head over to the MFT forum to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. 

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Joanne! I love the technnique vs. easy!

Carolyn King said...

ohh...love what you did with those silhouettes! GREAT job@

Cat Tidwell said...

What gorgeous cards Joanne! I love both of them, the technique one is just fantastic though! It is VERY spoookay!

SueB said...

LOVE these cards ... and I'm lovin' the silhouettes lately ... so I've gotta run to check the other dt creations!
Thanx for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Cute cards Joanne! I am loving this silhouettes set from Gina this month. Can't wait to see the whole set.

jonisart said...

Love this stamp! And that first card is amazing!

Elena said...

Fabulous cards! Very spooky! Love the technique description! Thank you for the inspiration1

Unknown said...

Both cards are awesome! I just love the first one... what a great idea with the paper strip along the bottom.

Melanie said...

hey where'd my comment go??(I must have either messed up on the secruity code or you delted me OL!) anyway, just wnted ot let you know again, how terrific your tehcnique effort turned out, the psonging and color chose are perfect, so atmospheric!

Tanya said...

I really love both of these cards!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover