Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 9, 2008

Attempting to Sketch Poppies

If the layout here looks familiar, its because I "tried" Jen's Sketch for You To Try from two weeks ago.  I say I tried it because I really deviated from the sketch, as in I skipped an entire panel, but I just couldn't get it to work.

That being said, this is still very largely inspired by Jen's sketch.  That, and um, my total love for this set "Remember" which was illustrated by Lisa Johnson for Paper Trey Ink.

I've been on a tear mass producing again, but every once and a while, I need a little break from the repetition of mass production and treat myself to a little sketch work, or a a color challenge or something to just keep myself fresh, its a treat to just "play" a little.

Color combination here is Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss and Kraft paper. It seems no matter how you mix up those Paper Trey colors, they just always look good!

Okay, back to work!!


3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

mmmm, this is so pretty. great sketch and that ribbon just makes the card (well, that and those flowers.)

Simply Jenn said...

Really nice. I love the vibrance of the Red!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, this is beautiful! ... just like ALL your amazing creations! I love them all ... just don't have the time to comment on each and every one like I used to!

Hugs~
Nancy

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover