Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 8, 2008

Out on a Manly Limb

I've been having such fun playing with my Top Note die from Stampin Up.  I love that I can cut several dies all at once to streamline my mass production - I was easily able to run through five pieces of cardstock at once.  In fact, I had a nice sized card order that I cranked out in record time thanks to that little baby!!

I also love that it creates a nice focal point large enough for me to include both my main image and my sentiment too.  This time, I put it to work to create a card for my father for his birthday.

The background was created with my Houndstooth Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage farm, 
inked up with Adirondack ink in Hazelnut and then stamped on Close to Cocoa cardstock.  The stamp set, of course, is Paper Trey Ink's "Out on a Limb" which I think by now you know I totally adore!!  However, I was able to find a place to include this lovely quote as well.  Finished off with two manly buttons from my stash.

Gotta love my dad, he said it was a $40 card.  I think that means he liked it??  I won't even give thought to tallying how much the various supplies cost... but I will say that I've certainly got my money's worth out of this set.  I use it all the time.  Um, you've probably already noticed that huh?

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sharri said...

Great manly card!

Sew This N That said...

This is so wonderful! A great manly card and not a football in site! over here in the UK 8 out 0f 10 men is mad on football so you usually see cards with there given club colours on...gets very boring for us lasses :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Anonymous said...

Love this card. What did you do to the edge of the top note to give it the brown effect? It almost looks like you sewed it. I'd love to know this trick!

Angie Tieman said...

This is fabulous, a real winner!!

Donna Baker said...

fabulous masculine card - your dad's comment was so cute! I also love that die, glad I broke down & got it.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love this, fantstic job.

Unknown said...

What a fabulous masculine card! I love everything about it.

Desain-in said...

so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Can the Stampin Up dies be used in a Cuttlebug? Thanks! Pattie

Lisa H. said...

I love the top note die too (that and the scallop circle) this is a fabulous card! I love the button accent.

Simply Jenn said...

Are talking about the Big Shot wihen you say Top Note Die? The button makes the whole thing come together perfectly!

Randi said...

Can that SU die be used on the original Sizzix?

Renee said...

This card is awesome! What a great man card.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover